Home

Who are your favorite B potential players that outperform A potential players?

This is a discussion on Who are your favorite B potential players that outperform A potential players? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Who are your favorite B potential players that outperform A potential players?

I'm just now starting year 5 of my franchise, but two drafts ago I snagged a WR named Tobias Cross. This guy is a complete beast. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking him up.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Who are your favorite B potential players that outperform A potential players?

In a franchise I did I drafted Hassan Lee moved him to DE the guy had about 13 sacks his rookie year and had 20 his 2nd year and he was a 86ovr with B potential he actually de-progressed after his 2nd year.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:39 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Interesting stuff. I would like to know if anyone has had a C potential hit the 80's or a B potential hit the 90's.... or a D potential even hitting the 70's?

Can potential change year to year as a player ages?
I drafted a B potential WR named Pat Mattstritter (Khris Baker draft class) with very good stats (97 SPD, 92 CTH, 99 RTE, 99 CIT, 99 Beat Press).

Looking at his stats, I felt he should've been A potential.

In the offseason, I hired a coaching staff that boosted some WR stat (+5 AWR, +1 CAR, +3 RTE), and I noticed a disparity between his OVR rating in "Player Management" and "Depth Chart" lists.

Basically, he had a higher OVR (92 vs 85) under the depth chart menu, than he did under the player management menu. I think this was due to the coaching bonus not being reflected in the management menu.

So my B potential WR gained 7 OVR points from my coaching bonus, which pushed him above the 89 OVR limit I thought B potential players had.

I ended up trading Matstritter away for some excellent draft picks, and he dominated the NFL for the next couple years.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention.. Matstritter is UNDRAFTED, making him one of the better late round values in any draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #36
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

For me its Dexter Jackson, who is a D potential player that is a FA. He is out of App. St. I always sign this guy to return kicks. In the dynasty that I play the games, in year 5, he has made the Pro Bowl 4 years in a row and should make it a 5th. He only has 6 catches in his career but has 10 kicks returned for a TD. The guys is a beats on returning kicks. He has a career 42.7yds per return.
I wish a guys potential would change over a career. See Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, and Terrell Davis among other who would have had a low potential grade out of college but turned into A potential players.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4ever
QB - Chase Saturday: He comes in as an 84 overall, but he has pinpoint accuracy and is averaging 250+ yards and has at least 3 touchdowns a game and completes 65% of his throws. This guy is much better than McNabb, who I benched and traded away because he has too many errant throws.

HB - Shagg Makino: Only rated 67 overall, but his 95 speed and 99 acceleration make him almost unstoppable once he breaks the line of scrimmage. In his first season as a rookie, due to Michael Turner being out with an injury for the season, he took over and had 1700+ yards and 15 touchdowns for an average of 5.5 YPC. Now I don't know who I should start for the next season.

SS - Marshawn Harrison: I just drafted him and he is rated 81 overall, but he is an absolute ball hawk and causes a lot of fumbles. Luckily I signed him to a 7-year deal.

There doesn't seem to be much of a disparity between A potential and B potential players in terms of talent. Sometimes the B potential players are a lot better than the A potential players, even though their ratings suggest otherwise.

madden can't actually sim or pan out accurate season stats to save its life my madden season end with micheal turner get 3000 yds rushing lol
Old 02-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I just signed him in a franchise off-season. I saw his ZCV (75 on a DE?! Geez) and was all over him. If nothing else, I can put him at OLB.
I actually don't recommend putting him at OLB.

I've tried it and he's not nearly effective as he is at DE.

His pass rush is surprisingly good for how low most of his ratings are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
For me its Dexter Jackson, who is a D potential player that is a FA. He is out of App. St. I always sign this guy to return kicks. In the dynasty that I play the games, in year 5, he has made the Pro Bowl 4 years in a row and should make it a 5th. He only has 6 catches in his career but has 10 kicks returned for a TD. The guys is a beats on returning kicks. He has a career 42.7yds per return.
I use him as the 3rd receiver in my Lions online franchise and he is tearing it up.

Only weak spots in his game right now are that he drops a lot of easy catches and isn't very tough over the middle.

Still a great pickup for the low cost he comes at.

Plus I have some friends who go to App. St., so it's always nice to keep some local players on the roster.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #39
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I'm just now starting year 5 of my franchise, but two drafts ago I snagged a WR named Tobias Cross. This guy is a complete beast. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking him up.
bueller?....bueller?.....bueller?.......
Old 02-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
bueller?....bueller?.....bueller?.......
haha, he's so choice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »