Home

Who are your favorite B potential players that outperform A potential players?

This is a discussion on Who are your favorite B potential players that outperform A potential players? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
Who are your favorite B potential players that outperform A potential players?

QB - Chase Saturday: He comes in as an 84 overall, but he has pinpoint accuracy and is averaging 250+ yards and has at least 3 touchdowns a game and completes 65% of his throws. This guy is much better than McNabb, who I benched and traded away because he has too many errant throws.

HB - Shagg Makino: Only rated 67 overall, but his 95 speed and 99 acceleration make him almost unstoppable once he breaks the line of scrimmage. In his first season as a rookie, due to Michael Turner being out with an injury for the season, he took over and had 1700+ yards and 15 touchdowns for an average of 5.5 YPC. Now I don't know who I should start for the next season.

SS - Marshawn Harrison: I just drafted him and he is rated 81 overall, but he is an absolute ball hawk and causes a lot of fumbles. Luckily I signed him to a 7-year deal.

There doesn't seem to be much of a disparity between A potential and B potential players in terms of talent. Sometimes the B potential players are a lot better than the A potential players, even though their ratings suggest otherwise.

Last edited by dragon4ever; 02-14-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Who are your favorite B potential players that outperform A potential players?

DE - Cliff Avril (Lions)

He does everything a DE should, plus his coverage ratings are better than most LBs and SSs.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

Re: Who are your favorite B potential players that outperform A potential players?

Chase Daniel came in as an 84?

Wow.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72
Chase Daniel came in as an 84?

Wow.
My mistake. I meant to say Chase Saturday, a Madden generated rookie.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Mike Thomas of the Jags is a fantastic slot reciever, he has a 95 speed and is pretty good as a K/P returner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

RG Duke Robinson (Panthers) - Very strong and doesnt miss blocks.

FS Charles Godfrey (Panthers) - Fast, good tackler, good coverage. He's my cheap Polamalu or Reed.

There's 2 just to keep things rolling.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Josh Freeman!
Strong arm, good accuracy, decent leg speed.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I had Chase Saturday in another league as a back up. He is pretty good. But he wasn't going to start over Drew Brees.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »