Home

Reading the safety (Video)

This is a discussion on Reading the safety (Video) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2010, 04:36 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Reading the safety (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I think their other stuff is pretty cheesy too. It's funny, because their whole selling point is teaching you "real football". In some ways, they do... but relying on the AI to play the fade when you really are throwing the short corner is pretty cheesy in my book. That's called gaming the game.
This is a good point but technically they never really say their objective is to teach you real football (unless i didnt read somethin right). They say they teach you how to read defenses and exploit weaknesses, which all of their vids probably fall into. i dont consider the te thing cheese really either because youre not doing anything special, youre just throwing the ball during the first of two cuts on a route. thats on ea to fix obvious stuff like that, cant be punishing people and calling it cheese for operating within your route. cheese against the cpu def but not against online opponents to me. plus bump/some zones shuts it down so its just a nice wrinkle.

edit: just read their about us page on their site. they actually do say they are trying to bring players closer to real football. but they also say they are hoping to unite sim players and competitive players so i think thats why some of it seems like cheese while other parts are legit. online is just a diff game.

Last edited by DLight03; 02-16-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Reading the safety is important but it's pretty obvious the guy who makes these videos has video game football knowledge, not real football knowledge.

To each their own I guess.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

It's an obvious attempt at cheese when the guy explains that a player with a high play recognition rating is going to get hurt worse, because the game will code him to read it as a fade.

Of course it would be better if EA fixed that. But the point is, at this point in time, no sports game can avoid these kinds of glitches. Everyone knows they are there, but most of us try to avoid learning about them, so as to keep the game challenging.

These tools are just making the online experience that much worse by spreading their love of cheesy glitches in a way that makes it seem legit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #12
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

How bout you show a passing play outta the Jaguars PB and with no user adjustments....
Old 02-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
It's an obvious attempt at cheese when the guy explains that a player with a high play recognition rating is going to get hurt worse, because the game will code him to read it as a fade.

Of course it would be better if EA fixed that. But the point is, at this point in time, no sports game can avoid these kinds of glitches. Everyone knows they are there, but most of us try to avoid learning about them, so as to keep the game challenging.

These tools are just making the online experience that much worse by spreading their love of cheesy glitches in a way that makes it seem legit.
This is what I was getting at. Instead of teaching someone how to run the "drive" pass concept, or the "China 7", we get some technique that consistently beats Madden's code, not the play legitimately beating the route.

To me, manipulating the code is the very definition of cheese. The guys are still gaming the game.

A big "tell" for me on these "tips" sites regarding them being sim is whether or not they actually run real play concepts and don't make 5 adjustments to every play. Contrary to popular belief, most all plays can work great in M10 unchanged! I know... what a surprise.

You don't have to rely on throwing a fade early to trick the AI. Instead, you can just read a defense using real life principles. It's not so bad?

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »