Home

Need some serious help setting my defense up before the cpu snaps the ball!!!

This is a discussion on Need some serious help setting my defense up before the cpu snaps the ball!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2010, 06:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Need some serious help setting my defense up before the cpu snaps the ball!!!

hi, ive just purchased the nyj defensive guide from madden gurus,and i dont know how i can get everything setup before the cpu snaps the ball. i can get through maybe 2 steps of setting up a nano but dont have time to finish.what am i doing wrong. i try to get started as soon as the cpu breaks out of the huddle. but as soon as i start trying to skip through players trying to change their individual assignment, the cpu has already snapped the ball. can someone give this Jets Fan from australia some help please.would really appreciate it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Need some serious help setting my defense up before the cpu snaps the ball!!!

I assume you mean bump and run or showing blitz etc.

You can start doing that stuff as soon as you pick that play. I was very able to do 3 shifts and i am sure i could do 1 maybe 2 more. maybe it takes practice bro.

How many adjustments do you need to make?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Need some serious help setting my defense up before the cpu snaps the ball!!!

if you have 2 controllers, ur in luck... follow these steps for effective practice...

1) In the Madden 10 menu, go to "Quick Modes"
2) Go to "Practice Mode"
3) With your two controllers have one on offense, one on defense.
4) with your one controller, set up your defensive play, and your 2nd controller, pick a shotgun pass play. (All madden players run out of Shotgun, it will give you a heads up for the future.)
5) Once your done setting up your defense, click A on your second controller, but make sure you still have your 1st controller in hand so you can use the guy who is blitzing.

Hope this Helps....
Old 02-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
Rookie

ive tried all that practice with two controllers, but i wanna be able to try this stuff in a game versus the cpu. is it possible to do these plays of the play guide before the cpu snaps the ball??
Old 02-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Is this for real?!? You want help setting up nano blitzes... against the computer... that you read in a cheesy guide you paid money for? Common, am I on candid cammera? This has to be a joke.

Here's a tip. Learn how to play sim football.

1.) Go into "Play Now."
2.) Call a defensive play.
3.) Run the defensive play.
4.) Call a new defensive play.
5.) Maybe make some adjustments. Shift the line, show blitz, something like that.
6.) Run that defesive play.
7.) Repeat steps 4 through 7.

If that doesn't work, I suggest you eject the disc, put it in the box and put in Halo 3. The Spartan laser is the gun for you.

Last edited by PGaither84; 02-15-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

this is the thing you have to know what your doing you get about a five second window so you have to know what lb u changing bump , show or line adjustment . other than that you have to practice . honestly if you know what the defense is already and what you need to do to fix you'll be fine , but it takes coordination more than anything
Old 02-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Is this for real?!? You want help setting up nano blitzes... against the computer... that you read in a cheesy guide you paid money for? Common, am I on candid cammera? This has to be a joke.

Here's a tip. Learn how to play sim football.

1.) Go into "Play Now."
2.) Call a defensive play.
3.) Run the defensive play.
4.) Call a new defensive play.
5.) Maybe make some adjustments. Shift the line, show blitz, something like that.
6.) Run that defesive play.
7.) Repeat steps 4 through 7.

If that doesn't work, I suggest you eject the disc, put it in the box and put in Halo 3. The Spartan laser is the gun for you.

Alittle harsh there

To be honest even if i get my D's set to nano the cpu qb ALWAYS finds an open man or goes robo qb on me if i dont get the sack or hit him. So for this reason alone i really dont find trying to nano the cpu cheesing or cheating...heck the cpu D nano's me all of the time!

And irl if you watch the Steelers, Ravens and even the Eagles they always try overload and gap blitzing so this isnt an exploit imo.

Now if this was against lets say a "new" Madden player in human vs. human mode then yeah, i'd find it to be a bit unfair lol
Old 02-16-2010, 04:22 AM   #8
Rookie

look, im no madden genius, and american football is still a learning curve for me here in australia. but it has taken over as my fav sport to watch. ive played madden for a few years but never took the time to learn the game better, which im doing now. same as the nfl, ive followed the teams and what not for years now, but never quite understood everything about the game, but in recent years and with slightly better coverage over here, im learning more and more every year. i just really want to learn as much about madden, and the nfl, but more importantly...THE JETS.so, any help someone can throw me about playing madden, or tip about setting up plays and what not. thatd be great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »