Home

Where are they now?

This is a discussion on Where are they now? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Where are they now?

Does anyone ever fire up older Maddens to see how players progressed and compare to what they are now in Madden? I do this especially in Madden 2000 cause that's when rosters really mattered. Geez ten years ago. I'm getting old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Where are they now?

I always play Madden 07 on PS2, great SS mode, great franchise, and my favorite Eagle roster from the 00-09 era (M10 has my favorite, so I don't count it.)
Old 02-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I saw the eagles fan post and had to laugh, becasue I feel the same way about 2k5. It has my favorite Patriots roster. Correy Dillon and Tom Brady with role players Troy Brown and Kevin Faulk. I'd rather play football that way than shot gun passes to welker and moss 50 times a game. Also has Rodney Harrison, Teddy, Brable, McGinnist, Seymore, rookie Vince Wilfork, Ty Law, and Asante Samuel [sp?] and of cource, Adam V. I love that team.

Anyway, back on topic, Yes, I kind of do that. What I like to look at is who were the big name players, and where the "now" big names were, if they were in the game. I mostly do this though when friends and I are talking football and ratings/madden comes up. Sometimes it helps when looking up old rosters and depth charts.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #4
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah last ear I popped the one in with Vick on the cover to look at some of the players. The game that had my favorite roster was (I think) NFL 95.The one with Deion on the front?? Or was it 96?
Old 02-18-2010, 07:01 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

i never done this intentionally, but if (for some equally arbitrary reason) i do load up an old game ill usually look at stuff like that.

nothing interesting comes to mind tho. although i do remember having jake delhomme as my 3rd string qb on a custom team i made for franchise mode. his ovr was like 56 or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »