Home

Madden 11 Needs Interaction Between RB's and There Blockers

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Needs Interaction Between RB's and There Blockers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2010, 10:25 PM   #17

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden 11 Needs Interaction Between RB's and There Blockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Definitely. Incidental contact is a HUGE item that's missing from Madden. Anything from an HB/FB running into the QB as he's going back to pass, or for an HB running behind a blocker. Right now an HB can hit the back of a blocker and he'll basically just run in place. Looks horrible. In APF2K8 the HB would put his hands out and shift to the right or left depending on which side he's running towards. This needs to be extended to contact by tacklers who run into the HB / Tackle packs as well.

On the QB contact, HB running contact, the animations would actually effect gameplay. In all other scenarios it's pretty much only going to add to the immersion / experience by avoiding unrealistic scenarios such as the HB running in place.
Exactly. This has been one of my pet peeves for the longest time. When they hit the back of a lineman and run in place, I can't tell you how many times I have seen this playing madden. Definitely need to fix this since the running game(I think!?) is supposed to be at the top of the list this year for the madden devs to fix up.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Madden 11 Needs Interaction Between RB's and There Blockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
The interaction between the blockers is what makes the run game authentic, and it places emphasis on identifying holes. I don't think my requests have fallen on deaf ears...they've just yet to implement it. Hopefully it comes in M11. They had it in M08, though it was VERY inconsistent.
man i was just getting ready to post that rgiles. it wasnt the best, but it was there. suprised alot of ppl hadnt mentioned that this was one of the hated "we had it in madden '__, but we took it out for no good reason features". just like the signature running styles, but thats another topic for another day....god if they would ONLY build and stop taking away, where would we be now??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »