Home

Madden 11 Needs Interaction Between RB's and There Blockers

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Needs Interaction Between RB's and There Blockers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Madden 11 Needs Interaction Between RB's and There Blockers

The reason quarterback sneaks are so effective is because there's no kind of interaction between the runner and the blockers. It needs to be like 2k5 where you would have to bounce off your blockers instead of running through them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2010, 06:36 AM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden 11 Needs Interaction Between RB's and There Blockers

Definitely. Incidental contact is a HUGE item that's missing from Madden. Anything from an HB/FB running into the QB as he's going back to pass, or for an HB running behind a blocker. Right now an HB can hit the back of a blocker and he'll basically just run in place. Looks horrible. In APF2K8 the HB would put his hands out and shift to the right or left depending on which side he's running towards. This needs to be extended to contact by tacklers who run into the HB / Tackle packs as well.

On the QB contact, HB running contact, the animations would actually effect gameplay. In all other scenarios it's pretty much only going to add to the immersion / experience by avoiding unrealistic scenarios such as the HB running in place.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Hard to believe we're still talking about players running in place because momentum is stopped here in the new age of the gaming system.

Physics and momentum has definitely taken a back seat to the new Madden games since the new consoles arrived. You think with the technology this would've been the new and exciting thing to explore.

Here's to hoping physics with the ball and without the ball are brought to the forefront of Madden 11.

Just the other day I had a beautiful HB screen pass set up with three blockers out in front with one defender. What was behind me no longer mattered and should've walked to the endzone but two of my lead blockers did a total 180 and my third lead blocker whiffed. I could'nt make the move. It's frustrating. So yeah, AI with physics.

Wouldn't mess with much of the art. It's awesome. Let's focus on other areas.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

this is the truth for sure, it would be amazing to see them finally put in interaction. And on goalline runs, the fact everybody is standing up instead of submarining offensive lineman or cut blocking....disgusting.
Texas Longhorns!!
Old 02-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 38

Love this idea. It would make running from the goal line more interesting. Also, I would like to see a young quarterback with low awareness step on the runningback's foot from time to time. Just to show you a reason why you should start a quarterback that is older and knows what he is doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yea there is still alot of improvements that need to be made to madden 11 this coming year. This idea is good. Best to share with Ian and Phil when they start interacting with us again in late march. They are try their best this coming year and all espically with BB coming out in late may. But madden has many things that BB will not. So it is safe to madden 11 will still be on top when this year is out.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

This should be at the top of their list of priorities for madden 11. tackling is a huge part of football obviously but there is so much more interaction and contact going on that EA really needs to address..
Old 02-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
This should be at the top of their list of priorities for madden 11. tackling is a huge part of football obviously but there is so much more interaction and contact going on that EA really needs to address..
I am sure this should be at the top of their list this coming year. But we want know what they are working on until they give us more info in late march. That is when they started interacting with us last year at that time to get info from us and all to make the game better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »