Home

Difference between hardcore/advanced gameplay?

This is a discussion on Difference between hardcore/advanced gameplay? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2010, 02:46 AM   #25
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Difference between hardcore/advanced gameplay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
haha, no need to apologize.

i think we were frustrated that you knew the secret!

why does EA have to be so darn mysterious..?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-10-a.html
Considering how adamant I was about it being plain to see, an apology was definitely warranted.

Nice link. Would definitely be nice to have information, especially on the sliders (though I think I figured most of them out by trial and error).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #26
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

In 09, the difference between advanced and hardcore was in hardcore, there were no rewinds and no back track. The same in true in 10, only I think that Ian and the madden team took rewinds out of the game for good [thakfully.] Also, in hardcore, the presentation is worse. Hardcore was the way to play in 09. Advanced is the way to play in M10. People just like to say things like "I play hardcore" and "I play on All-Madden." That doesn't make you tough or cool or give you e-cred. Madden, imo, should be played with custom sliders and either normal or very slow game play speed with advanced play calling. Normal speed, becasue it is realistic game speed. Very slow if you want the game to play more smoothly.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #27
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
In 09, the difference between advanced and hardcore was in hardcore, there were no rewinds and no back track. The same in true in 10, only I think that Ian and the madden team took rewinds out of the game for good [thakfully.] Also, in hardcore, the presentation is worse. Hardcore was the way to play in 09. Advanced is the way to play in M10. People just like to say things like "I play hardcore" and "I play on All-Madden." That doesn't make you tough or cool or give you e-cred. Madden, imo, should be played with custom sliders and either normal or very slow game play speed with advanced play calling. Normal speed, becasue it is realistic game speed. Very slow if you want the game to play more smoothly.
I tried the rewind feature out when it first came out (was that '09?), and I have it set to 0 now, so I never noticed it on the Hardcore setting, same with replays. I don't trust myself with rewinds, it's just too easy to do, and for me that ruins my attempt at emulating a realistic franchise season.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I tried the rewind feature out when it first came out (was that '09?), and I have it set to 0 now, so I never noticed it on the Hardcore setting, same with replays. I don't trust myself with rewinds, it's just too easy to do, and for me that ruins my attempt at emulating a realistic franchise season.
The only time I used rewinds is when the player AI did something totally unrealistic.

Like if a DB teleported from one end to the field to another, or my O-line falls asleep and I get nano-blitzed by like 6 guys.

Stuff like that I hit the rewind on, and even then, I limited them so I used them almost like they were coaches' challenges.

I realize rewinding isn't realistic (and I don't use them anymore) but I didn't think the teleporting is realistic either
Old 02-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
The only time I used rewinds is when the player AI did something totally unrealistic.

Like if a DB teleported from one end to the field to another, or my O-line falls asleep and I get nano-blitzed by like 6 guys.

Stuff like that I hit the rewind on, and even then, I limited them so I used them almost like they were coaches' challenges.

I realize rewinding isn't realistic (and I don't use them anymore) but I didn't think the teleporting is realistic either
agreed KBLover...i started out using one rewind early on, but madden has a lil too much bs occurences that defy realism. i use 3 per game and try to ration them out on things i deem "madden bs". sometimes i use 1 or 2, other times i use all 3. i play 10min qtrs tho, so theres plenty of time for bs to arise. i dont really use them just so i can win the game.

funny thing is theyre not just used for my own benefit. plenty of times i get unrealistic int's or the cpu makes a stupid decision thats so far outta the realm of possibility. other times ill use it if a cpu sideline catch is ruled out in error (thanks patch 2 lol). these rewinds help ensure the best team will win, not the one who had a madden bs occurence get them the win.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #30
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

^ agreed. That is something I did a lot in 09 franchise mode. I actually ended up setting it to unlimited because I played 10+ min quarters [by the way, I want to play 15 min quarters with accelerated clock, so I am so happy about that in Madden 10.]

Both sides of the ball. When I gota broken play against the computer, rewind. When the computer did something stupid, rewind. Simply put, rewind terrible madden BS moments. It is sad you had to do that, but it helped to band-aid a flawed game experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »