Home

The sideline catching is a huge issue now

This is a discussion on The sideline catching is a huge issue now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: The sideline catching is a huge issue now

I see the refs blow sidelines calls at least once every 2 or 3 games.

Most of them are not even close.

Like, the WR will often get anywhere from 3 to 5 feet inbounds and the stupid game still calls him out.

Then when you challenge the call, it doesn't even get overturned.

This glitch started happening a lot after patch #2 came out. Never saw it before then.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

I've had all those things mentioned happen to me as well. It's more than broke. It's comical it's so bad.

If they're going to just let this go and NOT release a patch (third patches have been released before) then I guess it's no big deal to them if in the current version an obvious touchdown is ruled not a touchdown in the game. Incredible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
It's all F'd up, but there's no way they're taking time away from m11 development to have to pay for a 3rd patch for this issue.
And in December 2010 of this year I'm sure we'll hear the same thing after the second patch of Madden 11, and whatever serious problem it has, that "they can't take away time from Madden 12".
Old 02-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I see the refs blow sidelines calls at least once every 2 or 3 games.

Most of them are not even close.

Like, the WR will often get anywhere from 3 to 5 feet inbounds and the stupid game still calls him out.

Then when you challenge the call, it doesn't even get overturned.

This glitch started happening a lot after patch #2 came out. Never saw it before then.
Or better yet... you can't challenge the call because the option isn't there. This is another issue that needs some attention. If you are going to have the challenge option available, make it work.

I can't count how many times a play should clearly be overturned and then the challenge option isn't even there. Like another poster above said... it comes down to the field awareness A.I. This needs some major work.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

"huge issue now?? this issue has been a part of madden for years,
i was surprised(don't ask why) that it was still around for madden 10.
it's very frustrating and sadly i do not expect that it will be gone for madden 11.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

I deleted both patches and it is no longer an issue. I prefer the game without the patches because I think both patches broke more things then they fixed. Patch one introduced the glitched running which to me is a band aid for bad pursuit angles. It was fixed somewhat after patch 2 and is not as noticeable but still there.

The second patch causes the sideline issue and also it seems like the refs need to measure every first down even though I can see if it was a first or not on my own with patch 2 installed. Also patch 2 really messed up the sim stats which was the last straw for me. In my franchise with patch 2 after the first year there single season rushing record had been broken by three backs and most of the rest of the top ten single season records were from set during that season....

I do not have any of these issues now that I removed the patches. While there are some issues with the default game (no patch) I have been able to overcome most of them with customer sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #22
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knapper
I deleted both patches and it is no longer an issue. I prefer the game without the patches because I think both patches broke more things then they fixed. Patch one introduced the glitched running which to me is a band aid for bad pursuit angles. It was fixed somewhat after patch 2 and is not as noticeable but still there.

The second patch causes the sideline issue and also it seems like the refs need to measure every first down even though I can see if it was a first or not on my own with patch 2 installed. Also patch 2 really messed up the sim stats which was the last straw for me. In my franchise with patch 2 after the first year there single season rushing record had been broken by three backs and most of the rest of the top ten single season records were from set during that season....

I do not have any of these issues now that I removed the patches. While there are some issues with the default game (no patch) I have been able to overcome most of them with customer sliders.
Pray tell how you fixed the flats being open for 10+yds every play pre patches?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Pray tell how you fixed the flats being open for 10+yds every play pre patches?
Well like I said the game is not perfect but I only play offline franchise only so I simply do not abuse the flats. To be honest though if you wanted to you could abuse the flats with the patches just as much. One of the problems that I see with the flats is the game has a lack of true man lock meaning that the defender who is supposed to cover the back or worse yet the TE is not lined up over them or anywhere near them. So you LB is completely out of position before the play begins and if you or the comp fires the ball to the flats quickly the defender has not had time to catch up. You can really find this issue if you run the 3-4 and use some of the different blitz packages.

How about when you come out on 1st down with 3WR set but called run and the AI lines up in base formation and nobody covering your slot WR? Most of those plays are designed for the Safety to cover the slot and in a real game the safety would have lined up in a position to do so. However in Madden post or pre patch you can simply formation audible to a pass and hit the slot WR quick for about 10 yards since the saftey is about 10 yards out of position. So again the issues are there with or with-out the patches and the player has to limit themselves from abusing the errors in the AI no matter what. I just prefer the game with out some of the dumb stuff the patches produced, mostly the running glitch where your player clearly freezes for a split second but nobody else on the field does and the outrageous sim stats for rushing and sacks.

I designed some sliders based on the first 24 pages of Breaking Down Sliders... How They Really Work which gives me a good challenge and mostly realistic games. I actually lose more games now than I was with the patches. Which to me is a good thing since I like to start with weak teams like the Browns.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 6

There is nothing worse than the 'hop'. When your player comes down with the ball but the second foot levitates and never makes contact... especially in the endzone when any good WR knows to get both feet down!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »