Home

Worst Team to take over for franchise

This is a discussion on Worst Team to take over for franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2010, 07:05 PM   #9
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Worst Team to take over for franchise

I started one with the Browns playing on my skill. I'm not a bad player and have been playing madden for 15+ years now. In 3 years with the Browns I'm just down right bad. I have yet to have a season with more then 5 wins. I have had the #1 pick all 3 years. I'm 2 game into season 4 and making some noise (2-0). Brady Quinn is bad and Anderson is not much better. The D needs a huge upgrade.
The Browns are a huge work-in-progress.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I started one with the Browns playing on my skill. I'm not a bad player and have been playing madden for 15+ years now. In 3 years with the Browns I'm just down right bad. I have yet to have a season with more then 5 wins. I have had the #1 pick all 3 years. I'm 2 game into season 4 and making some noise (2-0). Brady Quinn is bad and Anderson is not much better. The D needs a huge upgrade.
I'm surprised you didn't try and trade away both QB's. I would've put both on the block and tried to get a high draft pick(s) out of the deal.

Cool to see someone else using MySkill; I think I'm going back to it after I set up a new profile (you can have multiple profiles, right?).

I'm thinking the Bills could be fun. I like their old-school unis.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-24-2010, 12:56 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCBeast55
And you can't switch teams mid franchise.
Is this really still the case? I don't get why they stopped letting us switch teams. I really want to start over with a new team, but I don't want to lose a stud QB I just transferred over from NCAA. This has to be the only sports game on the market that doesn't allow you to move around within your franchise does anyone know if they have plans to allow team switching in '11?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #12
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Hey now, don't slag the Bills. They've got a decent amount of talent in Madden terms. A speedy young secondary, a good DT in stroud, a good pass rusher in Schobel and a project in Maybin, two 80+ wideouts, two 80+ halfbacks, and two A potential Olinemen. they need a QB and good tackles and they'll be solidly middle of the pack (on Madden anyway).
Old 02-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411

I won the super bowl on my second season with the browns at a 10-6 record. Its all how you scout and who you get. I dumped A LOT of players and went onto FA looking for specific (yet low rated) and cheap players. Filled some wholes and I made it my priorety to draft the best QB and HB I could find, it so happens that I landed two that where A potential and 85 ratings. Third season was boring and let the CPU play my playoff games because I wanted to get to the off season and the team managed to make it to the AFC Championship game until they lost.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #14
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
Is this really still the case? I don't get why they stopped letting us switch teams. I really want to start over with a new team, but I don't want to lose a stud QB I just transferred over from NCAA. This has to be the only sports game on the market that doesn't allow you to move around within your franchise does anyone know if they have plans to allow team switching in '11?

I have been beggingfor EA to put this back in forever.Hopefullt Madden 11 will have a feature where you can lose your job,or lets you sell your team like the PS2 versions.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:44 PM   #15
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Try the Cowboys.The Cap space for them is thin as paper.Lots of problems money wise.
I am in my 9th season with the cowboys, have won the Superbowl 2 out of the past 3 years and have 40+ million in cap space.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 12:41 AM   #16
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
I have been beggingfor EA to put this back in forever.Hopefullt Madden 11 will have a feature where you can lose your job,or lets you sell your team like the PS2 versions.
Can you change teams in the PS2 version still?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »