Home

This is Presentation!

This is a discussion on This is Presentation! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
This is Presentation!

Madden should be ashamed of themselves. Their garbage robotic Tom Hammonds and horrible presentation. Guys just take one look at this and tell me you don't think that your watching a telecast. EA, you should take note.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...b-10-the/62315
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: This is Presentation!

Not to bash the Madden devs at all but you are completely right. I dont even like baseball but played MLB 10 The Show at a Best Buy today and walked away with a feeling of amazement. The presentation, gameplay, animations, commentary, everything is on point.

I actually text a buddy of mine who just got a PS3 and plans on getting The Show, and told him how jealous I was that he had such a great game to play.(I do not likebaseball so wouldnt get the game) I would pay $1000 for a ps3 if Madden was exclusive to the system and was as good as MLB The Show.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

The announcing, replays, stat overlays are spot on. Madden, not so much.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

madchuck - you know while I totally agree with the content of this post it really aggravates me that you feel the need to attack and insult Madden and the devs who work on it. Why can't people give constructive criticism without using terms like "you should be ashamed", "garbage" and "horrible"? I mean c'mon man that is uncalled for IMO.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29

That video is definitely impressive, but I don't really get why so many gamers are obsessed with broadcast presentation. When I play a sports game I want to feel like I'm playing in the game not watching it on tv because I can do that anytime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

Man, I'm not a big fan of baseball at all but I'm seriously thinking of buying this game for the sheer polish alone.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
That video is definitely impressive, but I don't really get why so many gamers are obsessed with broadcast presentation. When I play a sports game I want to feel like I'm playing in the game not watching it on tv because I can do that anytime.
Because it adds to the immersion feeling of a game. If Madden wants to say everything you see on sunday you'll see in the game, then they have to be prepared to accept criticism when they dont deliver. That clip of MLB the show10 is nothing short of amazing.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by madchuck4
Madden should be ashamed of themselves. Their garbage robotic Tom Hammonds and horrible presentation. Guys just take one look at this and tell me you don't think that your watching a telecast. EA, you should take note.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...b-10-the/62315
Just an FYI.

If you would have done a search in these forums, you would have noticed that there were umpteen threads on presentation. Including, one thread a few weeks ago with the same video.

Also, you would have noticed in those threads that last March Ian wrote a post in the MLB forums to the developers praising their game.

Last edited by roadman; 02-25-2010 at 05:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »