Home

I finally decided to give APF2k8 a shot...

This is a discussion on I finally decided to give APF2k8 a shot... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
I finally decided to give APF2k8 a shot...

Let me start by saying this is not a bash madden thread. I have been a Madden fan since 92', but like many of you I have not enjoyed the next gen offerings.(Although I have bought them all) With that said, I do think Ian and crew will get this game where it needs to be, hopefully starting this year.

Anyway, after all the talk of 2k football on here (I only played NFL 2k1 for the dreamcast) I decided to download the demo of APF2k8. After playing it for about an hour I must agree that the gameplay and animations are phenomenal. I cannot figure out how to kick, and dont really know how to audible and hot route but here are some things I was impressed with...

-Passing game was very smooth (I also liked the way the camera followed the ball to the reciever)
-Speed of the game was perfect (I even liked the button mashing as turbo)
-MOMENTUM AND PHYSICS
-Animations were very well done
-The SFX of the pads hitting, grunting, etc (Madden desperately needs this)
-Kicking game (Even though I couldnt figure it out, it seemed challenging and the ball reacted realistically in the air)
-Crowd reactions (While far from perfect, light years ahead of Madden. NHL 10 and NBA Live have gotten this down now so I am expecting it to be in Madden 11)
-Pocket is amazing (Double team blocks)
-The good players really stick out (Legends)
-QB play is very SIM (No roll and chuck)
-WR/DB interaction seemed very well done
- Tiered defensive play calling (Maddens playbooks are MUCH better but I wish they had Tiered defensive playcalling)
-MOMENTUM and PHYSICS (Just wanted to say this again, it isnt perfect but it far surpasses what Madden has done to date)

These are just a few things I noticed after only playing for an hour but I hope Madden can get all these things incorporated into Madden 11.

If anyone wants to chime in (dont turn this into a bash madden thread) but I would just like to hear what else you think Madden can take from APF2k8. I only played for an hour, and yes the graphics are terrible and it is very raw, but I was very impressed with the game play.

PS- If anyone can tell me how to kick it would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by ch46647; 02-28-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: I finally decided to give APF2k8 a shot...

Wrong forum for this.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »