Home

A Momentum, physics, and locomotion discussion

This is a discussion on A Momentum, physics, and locomotion discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2010, 12:53 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: A Momentum, physics, and locomotion discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
But this stuff can be fixed in madden 11. People just need to Ian and crew tiime to fix it and stuff. IT takes time. I am sure Ian and his crew is aware of this stuff and is working on it at this time to make sure it is fixed. I have hope in them.
Problem is, Ian's been apart of the Madden team since its been on next gen. I don't have much hope left lol. I'm telling you the foundation of this game would need to be completely revamped for those issues to go, maybe except some mild morphing issues that can be tweaked
Old 03-02-2010, 04:09 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Engaged players must be able to move while they're engaged. The pass rush & outside/open field runs are broken until.
I think engaged players can move just fine considering they can go from being blocked to jumping on the back of the ball carrier in an instant...

I see a lane open up, gonna hit it hard....nope, the DT jumped off his fully engaged block to make the tackle. *sigh*

More movement than that? I'll just give up on running now, then. *scared*
Old 03-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #19
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15
you guys dont know what ur talking about. just because ian has been on the team doesnt mean anything, he had to follow his lead designer, etc. he really had no say about what he wanted in the game. now he is one of the main guys and look at what happened? u cant give ian the 5 year bull because he just started having a big impact last year with madden 10. 1 year and he completely changed the look and feel of the game. stop saying it took 5 years for ian to fix it when ian didnt have as big an influence as he does now. u can say EA, not ian.. thats y he doesnt talk here anymore and y he hasnt started doing blogs yet. u guys bash without reason or knowledge. dont bash ian, bash EA all u want..
Old 03-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #20
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Bezo, I assume you are an APF2k8 fan, but I just finally got around to downloading and playing the demo last night. I was so impressed with the gameplay in the hour I played that I went and bought the game today.(I have 2 new threads in the APF 2k8 forums about my experience) I am a long time Madden fan but they really need to step up and at the very least get that game on par with APF2k8.

I know you went to community day last year, do you guys still send suggestions via email to Ian and crew?
I liked aspects of 2K8... the animations, a lot of the AI and some other stuff. Too bad for the lack of license & limited season features. But there's no doubt in my mind had they been making football games since 2K5, 2K8 would've been the football game I've been waiting for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I think engaged players can move just fine considering they can go from being blocked to jumping on the back of the ball carrier in an instant...

I see a lane open up, gonna hit it hard....nope, the DT jumped off his fully engaged block to make the tackle. *sigh*

More movement than that? I'll just give up on running now, then. *scared*
Mobility WHILE engaged. For example, a TE blocking an OLB and riding him towards the play. It's a major issue for outside runs, since in real life, everyone in the trenches flows towards outside runs.

Another example is the outside rush. There's a bit of mobility, but it's extremely slow and doesn't allow DEs to get up field quickly enough.

And I need to add contain AI. IRL, a defender has contain on EVERY play. In Madden, you have to call a specific defense. Madden's whole defensive play calling system makes no sense. Until they tier it, Madden will not be football.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
you guys dont know what ur talking about. just because ian has been on the team doesnt mean anything, he had to follow his lead designer, etc. he really had no say about what he wanted in the game. now he is one of the main guys and look at what happened? u cant give ian the 5 year bull because he just started having a big impact last year with madden 10. 1 year and he completely changed the look and feel of the game. stop saying it took 5 years for ian to fix it when ian didnt have as big an influence as he does now. u can say EA, not ian.. thats y he doesnt talk here anymore and y he hasnt started doing blogs yet. u guys bash without reason or knowledge. dont bash ian, bash EA all u want..
Look what happened? The game still sucks. That's what happened. And why in the hell does everyone put so much confidence in this Ian guy? You place confidence in people when they deliver results, not when they talk a good jive about giving them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goethe88
Look what happened? The game still sucks. That's what happened. And why in the hell does everyone put so much confidence in this Ian guy? You place confidence in people when they deliver results, not when they talk a good jive about giving them.
I do think that you should give any lead designer (is he lead designer?) at least a couple of years though.

It's pretty tough to deliver a great next gen game with only 1 years development.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Mobility WHILE engaged. For example, a TE blocking an OLB and riding him towards the play. It's a major issue for outside runs, since in real life, everyone in the trenches flows towards outside runs.
I'm running between two fully engaged DT and they tackle the ball carrier. How does a fully engaged defender tackle anyone? There's no break engage, THEN pursue/tackle, there's just engaged/tackle. They didn't disengaged/break engagement. I consider that movement while engaged because there was no breaking it, so the last state the defender was in was engagement - and he "moved" to make the tackle on the ball carrier.

It's even worse if you try to use R2 to hit the hole at full speed. That's like an instant "tackle because you went beside me even though I was fully engaged"

I see the TE thing on stretch plays. The defender pushes the TE back into the ball carrier and I have to cut it upfield between the TE and the RT instead of going outside and take on the CB - or I can try to keep running towards the sideline, but that rarely works out. Also the LBs do flow - in fact, they don't get blocked since the OL doesn't attack the second level very well/very orderly.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #24
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Another example is the outside rush. There's a bit of mobility, but it's extremely slow and doesn't allow DEs to get up field quickly enough.
This I hope is addressed in M11. I'm not a technique guy, but I can look at the difference btwn Madden and the NFL and realize that the DE/OLB don't get deep enough. Thus, it's still quite easy to move to the outside with your QB (think roll and chuck).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »