Home

EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer (IGN)

This is a discussion on EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #57
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goethe88
That article was a whole lot of nothing. Seems their focus is every but on gameplay. Par for the course.
Specifically, their focus is apparently on bleeding the consumer dry.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
You guys will be in line for Madden 11...Mark my words lol.
count me out.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I think I just made my decision on Madden 11 based on those comments.

Pretty much tells me that EA has been holding back on anything truly groundbreaking in order to squeeze every dime out of the consumer. It truly speaks volumes of what 'corporate' is doing to the devs. It seems to me that Ian and his team have the desire to make leaps and bounds with their game but Moore is probably the guy saying,

"Lets hold back on all those Franchise Features and include one or two. We can hold off on Online Franchise updates, they will pay extra for those next year. etc etc etc.".
I don't know if I agree with the bolded statement entirely. "The suits" may be holding the devs back as far and innovation is concerned; however, "the suits" can't be blamed for the glitches: the faulty pursuit angles, horrible coverage of the flats and the hitch step to cover them up can't be put on "the suits".
Old 03-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 3

Peter Moore is kind of dumb. This is the same nonsensical drivel he used for the justification of discontinuing the PC version of Madden. Instead of bringing the next-gen version to the PC, they let it stagnate, the sales plummeted and in Moore's head, the issue isn't the quality of the game, because, well MetaCritic says the game is good. The bottom line says the game is stale and people don't want to pay $30 for a roster update, and the later version were more or less that.

Now this. He really does an awesome job of taking control of something and completely destroying it. The purpose of a business is to make money, but there is also the people who pay for that product. The company exists to provide CONSUMERS with a quality product. The consumers dictate what the company can get away with by either spending their money or not. I currently refuse to give money to EA. I bought the last version of Madden for PC in 08 for $15. I'm certainly not going to be one of the six million who gets "taken further advantage of". Awful.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
You guys will be in line for Madden 11...Mark my words lol.
Not this year, BB will be providing the football fix for me at least. I might buy it used, but it will be well after August.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: EA Sports Plans To Digitize Madden 11 Consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Specifically, their focus is apparently on bleeding the consumer dry.
Yeah, I agree. Moore could have stated the whole answer differently with more professionalism.

I will say, as a business owner, last year our profits were down, so, we had to deliver creative ways to make money from our customers. I had to look at it that way or else face the possibility of going out of business.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #63
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Horrible choice of words by Peter Moore, things are tepid enough as it is.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #64
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I think I just made my decision on Madden 11 based on those comments.

Pretty much tells me that EA has been holding back on anything truly groundbreaking in order to squeeze every dime out of the consumer. It truly speaks volumes of what 'corporate' is doing to the devs. It seems to me that Ian and his team have the desire to make leaps and bounds with their game but Moore is probably the guy saying,

"Lets hold back on all those Franchise Features and include one or two. We can hold off on Online Franchise updates, they will pay extra for those next year. etc etc etc.".
I agree. I have been waiting for an excuse to grow up and stop gaming and this will be it if it happens. I used to buy all the major titles for sports games from EA for years, but now with the economy and the fact most games are bugged and half completed when released, I am down to 1 or 2 games from them a year. That will be 0 if we have to pay for parts of a game instead of the whole.
Twitter
YouTube

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »