Home

HOW will MADDEN 11 or NCAA 11 respond to the Camera angles of BAckbreaker

This is a discussion on HOW will MADDEN 11 or NCAA 11 respond to the Camera angles of BAckbreaker within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
HOW will MADDEN 11 or NCAA 11 respond to the Camera angles of BAckbreaker

Looking at this vid Back breaker brings you rite in the action every play. THe camera Angle is something new and unique even though ther are somewhat similarities to NCAA 10 player mode. HOw do you think Madden 11 and NCAA 11 will respond to the REAL-TIME Camera instead of MADDEN 11 AND NCAA 11 cutscenes. Im really hoping that they step up gradually this year with Real-time football

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/s...hp?sid=6252644
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #2
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: HOW will MADDEN 11 or NCAA 11 respond to the Camera angles of BAckbreaker

They won't. EA will remain under the impression that this classic view is the best way to play and has been for years. Backbreaker is taking enough risks as it is trying to differentiate their title by trying new takes on everything. You can already pretty much bet that Backbreaker won't make dent in the sales of EA's football games, so there really is no reason EA might change things up.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 03-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i'm not a fan of the Backbreaker camera. I remember there used to be some football games where you could use the 1st person camera angle and just being so close to the field and not having a full view of everything was just a pain in the you know what. It doesnt make you feel like youre on the field because when your on the field its very easy to be able to see everything, especially things like a WR running his route on the left while you're looking at the WR towards the right or if you're covering as a LB in real life you can see where the WRs are for the most part but in a game you're blind.

As far as cutscenes, Madden & NCAA just needs to take a page from NBA 2k10 & MLB the Show and just use real time stuff so there aren't cutscenes but things play out and if the camera catches it then it catches it.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

They honestly don't need to compete with each other. They have very different outlooks on a common game. EA has bigger problems with their worldwide fanbase than with Backbreaker and Backbreaker is just looking to have success in a fierce market.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I personally love Backbreaker's camera. I've been following that game close enough to hear all the complaints about it tho. Next to the no NFL, this is probably the biggest knock that game gets.

Madden will in no way be threatened by Backbreaker so there is no reason to think they will do anything different to their camera. Hell, the developers got concerned about how people would react to the "pocket" they tried to create this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #6
Strategy

OVR: 36

I don't love the backbreaker camera angles.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

madden already has that camera view in "superstar" mode...
Old 03-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 4

I dunno if Madden will really be threatened by BB. The videos I've seen show tackling fundamentals being exchanged for dramatically aggressive dive tackles that aren't great tactics for most situations in the NFL. Just wrap the guy up instead of trying to break his legs....

BB will sell well for sure. But I'd be surprised if it isn't a one-hit wonder game franchise.

If BB does turn out to have solid gameplay combined with solid sales, then they will have something going for a sequel. Upon that point, only then would EA think about reacting.

The down side for games like BB is that they have no chance of getting an NFL license. The NFL being all safe-and-friendly-non-violent image conscious.

Last edited by rocknroll1968; 03-02-2010 at 10:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »