Home

Franchise: Your UNEXPECTED Favorite Drafted Players?

This is a discussion on Franchise: Your UNEXPECTED Favorite Drafted Players? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Franchise: Your UNEXPECTED Favorite Drafted Players?

How about an undrafted WR - Washington, sorry can't remember the first name and I quit playing a while back.

A pot 97 spd, 90 + SPC, 90 CIT, 99 ACC, 99 AGI and tall - I think 6'3'', I actually drafted him with the last pick of the draft but he was slotted to go undrafted, he outperformed the guy I drafted in rd 1 all the time. He just made plays too - without me having to get control of him - he was the kind of player I expected the really highly rated superstars of real life to be like. He would fight for the ball - shock shock - on his own - it was almost like having a glitch player!!!

By far my favorite player in my franchise and I am much more of a defensive minded pound the rock guy.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #18
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I get bored of M10 before I get that far. Would you belive I have yet to progress my franchise as far as the post season? Anyway. All time, in Madden 07 I drafted a DT in the 3rd round that had a solid bench press and a large frame. He came out with 99 strength and just below Warren Sapp speed. His problem was that he was 24 and had a low injury and stamina along with miserable tackle and awareness ratings. I took a risk on this guy and wanted him to be a replacement for an aging Bryant Young. It paid off in spades. With user control he would blow up the running game and pressure the computer QB. Despite the low injury rating he hardly was hurt, but that may be in part because I had the medical staff stadium upgrade and the elite training staff. The point is, I took a risk on a player I normally would never pick and he had a career that would have put him in the 49ers hall of fame, and possibly the NFL hall. He was a MONSTER.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
How about an undrafted WR - Washington, sorry can't remember the first name and I quit playing a while back.

A pot 97 spd, 90 + SPC, 90 CIT, 99 ACC, 99 AGI and tall - I think 6'3'', I actually drafted him with the last pick of the draft but he was slotted to go undrafted, he outperformed the guy I drafted in rd 1 all the time. He just made plays too - without me having to get control of him - he was the kind of player I expected the really highly rated superstars of real life to be like. He would fight for the ball - shock shock - on his own - it was almost like having a glitch player!!!

By far my favorite player in my franchise and I am much more of a defensive minded pound the rock guy.
Could that be Xavier Washington? I'll have to look it up when I play Madden again - I think that's the guy. I know my Washington is a WR as well and was slated late - I thought 7th, but maybe he was Undrafted projection.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:48 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

I drafted a CB named Jonathan James and a WR named Jammario Zinger in the same draft and both have blossomed into bonafide studs. James is the corner opposite Asomugha and has turned into a shutdown type himself, plus he tackles well when playing the run. Zinger is a guy I just leave in the slot a la Az Hakim or Wes Welker and let the speed take over.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:42 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 3

Nigel Bradham

96 overall outta the draft 90 speed

Dexter McCluster

58 overall WR moved to RB 67 overall B potential, after 3 seasons 80 overall RB and had his first 1000 season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 02:35 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Mine would be... well i got alot..

1.Jermaine Reynolds-C potential CB i drafted when most of my cb's were gettin old, he turned out wit 96 speed and 99 agility and 99 acceleration and is a great kick returner
2.Brandon Biggs-Snagged him in the top 10 but didnt play wit him before, n he has 5 kickoff return TD's so far and 1 interception in his rookie year. 97 speed and voted to the pro bowl as a KR.
3.Andre Geathers-C potential with great hands and 92 speed. snagged him in the 3rd round and broke multiple receiving records for me.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:39 AM   #23
Rookie

ill give you some of tha best LB's you can draft..top 10..

1.mack jackson
2.turtle reese
3.torian watts
4.dexter knox
5.stecolian freeman
6.abdul ross
7.cheif Sanders
8.Ben Gray
9.Khoury McGrady
10.Tack Adams
Old 03-30-2010, 02:42 AM   #24
Rookie

top 10 cb's ill give you guys out of experience...

1.Brandon Biggs
2.Corey Taylor.
3.Braylon Bowe Drew
4.Jhye Brown
5.Jamal Nixon
6.Norris Sykes
7.Kalimba Bryant
8.Hedo Cain
9.Niko Buchanon
10.Quan Henry

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »