Home

Worst thing the development team did with this game....

This is a discussion on Worst thing the development team did with this game.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Worst thing the development team did with this game....

I strongly prefer the slower speeds, and completely disagree with the OP that the fast speed is most realistic.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 03-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #18
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

normal with 45 speed difference was perfect.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

IMO the slow speed made the whole game much better and I hope EA keeps it for online play in the future. The problem on having too much time in the pocket is the bad "passblock vs. passrush" gameplay.

The pocket play, how the pocket builds up, how blocks are made and how the pocket collapses feels wrong and still looks stale.

On the other hand, some people still wonder why the QB has all the time in the world out of a Big-Formation when the Defense has called a 3-Men-D-line rush on the Deep-Zone coverage ...
Old 03-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #20
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Fast is slower than normal in APF? No way. Very Slow is close to the APF2K8 speed. The animations look much better (more fluid) on the slower game speed as the rendering engine can keep up better. The game is a bit arcadish on fast speed. Have you seen the jitter juke people use on the fast speed to avoid tackles? So unrealistic, and something that doesn't work well on slow.
I strongly disagree here, Val. Next time you play APF, look at the animations...really look at the animations. You will then notice that alot of them are much faster than Madden's animations on fast (especially the line interactions). The overall pace is much faster as well.

The animations also look more natural on fast. They look like humans are playing full throttle. Going back to slow will make the game seem fake and unnecessarily slow.

Madden 09's problem (and M10 for that matter) is that they don't have a concept of physics...game speed really had little to do with issues.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 03-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 24

Disagreed.I never liked how the players moved at 125+ mph, also when the QB went deep, it looked like a moonshot fired from a shoulder launcher.

No, I thought this was the BEST thing the dev team did----slow the game down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
That may be true, but you can't adjust sliders online and that is what I used to play all the time. I have no doubt in my mind that you could probably tweak the game to an acceptable standard at slow speed offline, but since you can't adjust sliders online, you're stuck with whatever the default is.
To me, that says the problem is they need to open up slider/speed adjustments for hosts in online games, not that slow is irrecoverably unrealistic.

Game speed is a preference. There's no "right" or "wrong" speed just like there's no "right" or "wrong" slider settings, team choices, or playbooks choices.

Which is why it's good they made it an option - but bad they didn't make it an option for online...for whatever reason.

The pass rush does seem better on higher speeds, but that's an engine thing, and why they put that in there, who knows, and it can be compensated for with sliders like Valdarez said.

Online folks are out of luck, but again, that's an issue totally different than whatever the default speed is.

And for the record, I like Normal. Not slow or fast, though I'll play Slow over Fast.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #23
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

To the guys that like fast speed, how do you play D on that setting? When I played Madden 09 online and I saw a guy using an lb or safety it was over. No way he would react to my passes in time to make a play 9 out 10 times. My best opponents were always using dlineman so they didn't hurt their team.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 13

The drop in game speed may be helpful to some Madden players, but it really takes me out of the sense that an NFL game is going on. I have been to games and those guys are flying every play. Plus even on fast the WRs/TEs take way too long to run their routes!!!!

The running game sucks on slow, IMO, it just moves way too slow. The NFL is played at break neck speed from snap to whistle and the slower game-play for M10 totally went away from that - which to me makes it less sim-style.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »