Home

Worst thing the development team did with this game....

This is a discussion on Worst thing the development team did with this game.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #25
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Worst thing the development team did with this game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
normal with 45 speed difference was perfect.
I agree, normal game speed is the best. Fast was [09 and prior] too fast. Slow is too slow. Reading this thread and threads since the game came out, I saw the same thing over and over again from those who like the "Slow" or "Very slow" game speeds:

1.) It is easier to play offense because you can read how plays develop.

2.) The animations look nicer.

I agree that the animations look nicer on slow and very slow speeds. I also agree it makes playing offense easier... and that's what I have a problem with. The offense has all day to read how the defense is setting up and it is stupid how easy it is to play offense in this game. The only times I have had a hard time moving the ball on offense is when some one is busy trying to nano and I can hardly play defense online.

I am a "defensive guy." You can't set up blitzes and trick the offense and apply pressure using football fundamentals when playing online. This is a combination of poor interactions with the offensive and defensive lines and the game speed. Now when I set up a blitz and "trick" the other player into thinking I am comming with pressure one way when I am comming with pressure another way, or if I bluff pressure to force an early/bad throw, the offensive player has "all day" to drop back and read the defense and pick it apart. In 2k5 and in many madden games online I used to force a lot of turnovers cause a lot of sacks. In Madden 10 this is not the case. I didn't suddenly get worse, the game speed has a lot to do with it. I play friends offline and we play on normal game speed and I still can play defense really well. Any one who has played me knows I am not some scrub and may even know my friends aren't either.

I just can't understand how someone can say "slower game speed makes it easier for me to play offense and that is a good thing." I don't know about anyone else, but I like a challenge, and playing Madden on slow or very slow speed is not a challenge.

Every defense has a weakness. When any QB has all day to read the D and find holes, they will pick the D apart. A perfect, relativly recent, example of this is the 2007 Patriots. All year long Brady had time to throw and picked defenses apart. In the Superbowl, the Giants pressured Brady and sacked him 5 times [4 times when it mattered, the 5th came in the 2ed to last play on a hail marry attempt] and drilled him several times in the game and the Pats scored only 14 points that game.

Scheme doesn't matter when the interactions are bad and then the game speed is on slow.

Worst thing the development team did with this game.... [regarding game speed] was not allowing users to set it as an option when creating a game session. When playing unranked I should be able to set the game speed I want and sliders sets because it is an unranked game. I know there are several OS users who would love to play online if you could do this.

OPTIONS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #26
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I agree, normal game speed is the best. Fast was [09 and prior] too fast. Slow is too slow. Reading this thread and threads since the game came out, I saw the same thing over and over again from those who like the "Slow" or "Very slow" game speeds:

1.) It is easier to play offense because you can read how plays develop.

2.) The animations look nicer.

I agree that the animations look nicer on slow and very slow speeds. I also agree it makes playing offense easier... and that's what I have a problem with. The offense has all day to read how the defense is setting up and it is stupid how easy it is to play offense in this game. The only times I have had a hard time moving the ball on offense is when some one is busy trying to nano and I can hardly play defense online.

I am a "defensive guy." You can't set up blitzes and trick the offense and apply pressure using football fundamentals when playing online. This is a combination of poor interactions with the offensive and defensive lines and the game speed. Now when I set up a blitz and "trick" the other player into thinking I am comming with pressure one way when I am comming with pressure another way, or if I bluff pressure to force an early/bad throw, the offensive player has "all day" to drop back and read the defense and pick it apart. In 2k5 and in many madden games online I used to force a lot of turnovers cause a lot of sacks. In Madden 10 this is not the case. I didn't suddenly get worse, the game speed has a lot to do with it. I play friends offline and we play on normal game speed and I still can play defense really well. Any one who has played me knows I am not some scrub and may even know my friends aren't either.

I just can't understand how someone can say "slower game speed makes it easier for me to play offense and that is a good thing." I don't know about anyone else, but I like a challenge, and playing Madden on slow or very slow speed is not a challenge.

Every defense has a weakness. When any QB has all day to read the D and find holes, they will pick the D apart. A perfect, relativly recent, example of this is the 2007 Patriots. All year long Brady had time to throw and picked defenses apart. In the Superbowl, the Giants pressured Brady and sacked him 5 times [4 times when it mattered, the 5th came in the 2ed to last play on a hail marry attempt] and drilled him several times in the game and the Pats scored only 14 points that game.

Scheme doesn't matter when the interactions are bad and then the game speed is on slow.

Worst thing the development team did with this game.... [regarding game speed] was not allowing users to set it as an option when creating a game session. When playing unranked I should be able to set the game speed I want and sliders sets because it is an unranked game. I know there are several OS users who would love to play online if you could do this.

OPTIONS!!!

Man, if I wasn't me, I'd think YOU were.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 5

The WORST thing they did was put the game speed on slow????? Give me a break there are many issues with the game but giving you the option to select your speed is not one of them. Oh, you're complaining that they set the DEFAULT to slow.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

I agree slow doesnt look natural at all. No1 feet moves that slow in a real sprint. They were trying to make it lie 2k5, but actually 2k5 is very fast. The animations just come off as being slow.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
The WORST thing they did was put the game speed on slow????? Give me a break there are many issues with the game but giving you the option to select your speed is not one of them. Oh, you're complaining that they set the DEFAULT to slow.
Also i agree with you, because this game has a lot of gameplay flaws which are a bigger issue.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

OPTIONS!!!
Sounds like something they should consider adding to the list of preferences for custom matches, especially since game speed turned out to be a pretty big deal with online gamers all having different opinions of it.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
The running game sucks on slow, IMO, it just moves way too slow. The NFL is played at break neck speed from snap to whistle and the slower game-play for M10 totally went away from that - which to me makes it less sim-style.
I think Normal looks close to "TV Speed" which is closer to what the cam in Madden (at least the Broadcast cam) is.

Now, if I was at field level, then yes, I would expect to see the game moving much faster, but when I watch games on TV, I don't see them zipping around the field so fast that you have to work to keep up with the action.

And I wish the only problem - or the worst problem - I had with the run game with the game speed. I envy you in that regard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 12:52 AM   #32
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I like the game on slow, but would like a setting that's halfway between slow and normal.

But that's low on my list of many things that need to be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »