Home

Worst thing the development team did with this game....

This is a discussion on Worst thing the development team did with this game.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Worst thing the development team did with this game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Have you ever been to a game in person? The speed of the game is so much faster than you can comprehend if you have never been up close to it.
The game is too slow on normal speed. I understand why people like the slowed down grandma pace - it let's you have time to think, when in reality these guys are reacting when they pull off moves. The game speed may be better for gamers on slow, but it isn't nearly fast enough to accurately represent what you see on Sundays if you are in attendance at an NFL game!!!
It allows you to see the holes [there are rarely any because of horrid blocking ._.] to run through when it is on slow. It's definitely fast IRL, but it's easier to make such a quick cut into a hole in real life because it's your body.. you know where you want to go, the hole is in two places. On Madden, it's slightly more difficult to make the cut because you are going fast at the start of the play, and your movements are limited compared to how you can get through the hole IRL.. I hope that made sense..

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Just curious, but if slow was so awful, why did it take you so long to try another speed?
LOL.. I was wondering about that too.. How do people have fun by playing offline anyway? Online is fun, minus the few disconnect glitchers. I don't care if someone runs the same play over and over.. if I can't stop it, I can't complain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #42
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

I like the speed where it is..

Hard for the defense to react at higher speeds.. The cpu can react but a human needs more time to react and make a play without switching players 3 times per play.

Higher speed is easy for the offense because they have only receivers to look at/focus on, the defense has to watch everything.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:17 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangkiki
It allows you to see the holes [there are rarely any because of horrid blocking ._.] to run through when it is on slow. It's definitely fast IRL, but it's easier to make such a quick cut into a hole in real life because it's your body.. you know where you want to go, the hole is in two places. On Madden, it's slightly more difficult to make the cut because you are going fast at the start of the play, and your movements are limited compared to how you can get through the hole IRL.. I hope that made sense.
Don't get me wrong please. If you like the speed slowed down there is nothing wrong with that. My point is just that it isn't anything like a real NFL game.
One other thing I would like to mention is that IF you had the old cut moves, the running game would be much more fluid. And it would look much more realistic - there have been many posts with videos of current and former NFL RBs that demonstrates what I am talking about.

You can just hit youtube for any highlights of RBs and you will see almost all of them make very quick very subtle changes in direction and that is something that is sorely missing in Madden.

I think the running game is too easy, but I practice it a ton and do not use the "sprint" until I have hit the second level. Keeping off the "sprint" is difficult and requires self discipline - I even have to remind myself in my head before each run to "wait for it".

My point was it isn't nearly "right" in the sense of what happens on Sundays, not that people should not play on slow - I don't like it on lower than fast, but to each his own.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:52 AM   #44
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

100% disagree.

the faster speed feels more like Mario Bros. now that I see how much more realistic it feels and looks with the slower option.

Not to mention its nice to have more body control over my defensive players.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:30 AM   #45
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

Guys, the biggest mistake was to allow us the ability to change the game speed. At each setting, different mistakes in coding or animation become more and less prominent. I believe they need to stick to the old "rookie, pro, or Madden settings", that way they can single out problems that will always be there. OK, that's my 2 cents.... and now i'm broke!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 01:50 AM   #46
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenkinator
I completely disagree. I enjoy the slow game speed and hope NCAA gets it this year. I don't care if they put FAST game speed online. Just let me choose my speed for offline play.
Thats why they have put the speed slide in this year. Som people can adjust the speed to the way they want it.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:30 AM   #47
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I kind felt that the default speed in madden 10 was to slow. Madden 09 speed was to fast and madden 10 speed was to slow. I think they need to find a speed inbetween both madden 10 and 11 speed that would be just right. But the thing is as I have been looking at the clips in the interviews. It looks like they change the speed in madden 11 and ncaa 11. I could be wrong. But it is hard to tell without a full video of gameplay to judge the true default speed. But madden 10 was to slow and madden 09 was to fast. They really need to adjust to a speed in the middle of both speeds to really balance it out.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:36 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 10

I think Very SLow with beefed up CPU sliders is the best way to go personally. The animations/blocking/running/ pretty much everything looks better. I did find offense in the beginning to be too easy but if you get the sliders right its as close to perfect as the game will allow. I jack up the Defensive Pass rush while lowering the pass blocking to get the pocket time to be way less. Cause on very slow it did seem I had all day.... not anymore.

Normal,fast,very fast the game just gets jittery,more jittery, insane jitter. IMO

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »