Home

Are Sliders Patchable?

This is a discussion on Are Sliders Patchable? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Are Sliders Patchable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
On the other hand, if you set offensive and defensive pass interefearence up to 100, I have still yet to see a single flag thrown that wasn't triggered by the user.
Funny you bring this up because I'm starting to see more of them in my ex-Raiders franchise (moved the team to Anchorage so I can get some freaking weather...of course does it snow/rain EVERY Sunday in Anchorage?)

No idea why, but I'm seeing the CPU defenders creating PI calls more frequently. I didn't touch any sliders. Some even called back INTs against me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
While I am glad that there are sliders to alter game play, part of me is bothered by them existing. I guess what I mean is this... when playing the game and adjusting sliders, it feels like animations and sliders alter game play far more than the ratings do. Now I know that "ratings don't matter," however, I think that this Madden has been slider and animation driven for so long, that is part of the problem. [even when they were hidden in years past, they were still there for the dev team.]
I agree. While I do think ratings still do have some say - it's far too easy for them to be overcome with sliders/animations. Doesn't help that some sliders don't even impact success of animations, just how far away they trigger. Sigh.

It's really enough to make me just play text-sim sports games these days. They don't have as much of these problems. Even HC had slider problems with them being questionable in their impact, etc. Sigh again.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

They do have the ability to do what you say in the OP.

The sliders at default are usually set to represent balanced gameplay for 5 or 7 minute quarters in online and play-now type games.

The bottom line is that sliders don't completely determine the way the game plays. They only influence it. But that's a whole other barrel of worms. But I say this to bring up one thing I've always wanted to see in madden. That is, a wide-open slider mode that exposes the real behind-the scenes settings that only devs see. This would allow the player to make direct adjustments to all functions from the sim-engine, to the super-sim engine, to the live-play engine. What we would wind up with is a more complete set of adjustments that give us more accurate stats and gameplay.

If they would open things up a bit, they would benefit greatly from end-user efforts.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #11
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Something I have never, ever, ever, understood. And it still doesn't make the ratings seem to matter more. I would have thought that if there are any INTs, it's from the best CTH/AWR or even XCV ratings - but that didn't seem to be the case from what I saw. Did you see any difference in who managed to get the INTs that did occur?
Nope. None. The ratings with regards to interceptions for the DBs didn't seem to matter from what I could tell. The QB ratings (their accuracy) seemed to have the biggest impact on the interception rates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Nope. None. The ratings with regards to interceptions for the DBs didn't seem to matter from what I could tell. The QB ratings (their accuracy) seemed to have the biggest impact on the interception rates.
Sigh. That's what I saw too.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez

Yep

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »