Home

Uncapped Season

This is a discussion on Uncapped Season within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Uncapped Season

How will the uncapped season effect madden? Will they include a mode where you can play with some sort of cap
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Uncapped Season

i imagine the option will be given but you'd have to assume it'll be uncapped for accuracy.

that being said, if they don't find a way to incorporation revenue earning and accurate owner wealth then franchise is a bust no matter what else is done.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

Barring any new developments in the CBA, my hope is that if Madden goes without a salary cap, they will at least build in restricted free agents, tenders, etc. That way, if your player goes out on the market, another team makes him an offer that you don't want to match, then they give up some draft picks.

I suppose that would mean they would have to code a new set of logic for FA and the like.

Last edited by Flamehead; 03-08-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

well the chances of us going forever without a cap are pretty limited so I hope there is the option to have a cap. Also, I would really like to see them insert the possibility to use all the uncapped season rules if you go uncapped.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Without an agreement between the Player's Union & NFL, will there be a Madden?

Isn't player licensing part of the collective bargaining agreement? If so, that would mean if there's no agreement, there's no player names licensed to the game.

I'm not 100% on this, but it would seem that Madden would have much bigger issues than simply whether or not to have the cap in Franchise mode if the current CBA expires. Now that we've gone to the uncapped season the CBA will expire, if a deal is not struck before the season after the upcoming year, we may not be playing Madden for a while.

I hope I'm wrong, of course. Anyone with a more detailed or intimate understanding of all of this, what's your take?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

That's an interesting point, don't really know the answer to that but the game already has an option to remove salary cap so from that stand point it doesn't make much difference.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

If they don't have a CAP they should create a virtual economy and give teams budges with that. This would be a de-facto salary cap.

A free for all market would be silly, and I doubt they'd see otherwise.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtalks
Without an agreement between the Player's Union & NFL, will there be a Madden?

Isn't player licensing part of the collective bargaining agreement? If so, that would mean if there's no agreement, there's no player names licensed to the game.

I'm not 100% on this, but it would seem that Madden would have much bigger issues than simply whether or not to have the cap in Franchise mode if the current CBA expires. Now that we've gone to the uncapped season the CBA will expire, if a deal is not struck before the season after the upcoming year, we may not be playing Madden for a while.

I hope I'm wrong, of course. Anyone with a more detailed or intimate understanding of all of this, what's your take?
pretty sure that EA signs seperate agreements with the NFL and NFL Players Association (both logos appear on the cover)....and should still be able to do so regardless of the status of the CBA.

....now if the players association decertifies as had been speculated....that could create an interesting situation for EA, would that have to obtain players rights individually??

but that shouldn't affect them till Madden 12 at the earliest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »