Home

An article piece about EA sports....

This is a discussion on An article piece about EA sports.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
An article piece about EA sports....

I didnt really know where to post this, but here is an article from my new Game Informer magazine.

"The chief investment officer of Becker Capital Management-which holds around a million shares of Electronic Arts stock-said in a Business Week article that the credibility of EA's management is "non existent right now." Under EA CEO John Riccitiello's watch, EA's stock price has dropped 68% over 11 consecutive quarters."

They really need to step it up with their videogaming, especially with Madden this year. Maybe this or the next year, Madden will finally break through. I dont play NBA games, but I heard NBA Live stepped up its game.

Last edited by hatisback; 03-09-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: An article piece about EA sports....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
I didnt really know where to post this, but here is an article from my new Game Informer magazine.

"The chief investment office of Becker Capital Management-which holds around a million shares of Electronic Arts stock-said in a Business Week article that the credibility of EA's management is "non existent right now." Under EA CEO John Riccitiello's watch, EA's stock price has dropped 68% over 11 consecutive quarters."

They really need to step it up with their videogaming, especially with Madden this year. Maybe this or the next year, Madden will finally break through. I dont play NBA games, but I heard NBA Live stepped up its game.
That was pretty unprofessional of that CIO to say that to media.

Over the past 5 years, I've seen some things said about EA's people that I never used to hear back in the glory days. The climate has really changed with the way people deal with them now. There is an obvious loss of respect. But I'll be straightforward and say that some of the things they've done have been done in incredibly poor judgement with some things they've made public that should've been handled with more class in a public arena (like that whole takeover fiasco).
Old 03-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well I don't get gsme informer. But if this true then is bad for the guy with millions of stock holdings. I know him and alot of other people on wallstreet are currently unhappy about how EA doing some of their game right now aka madden for example. Madden 10 was a big improvement and all.But still needs a lot of work to make it great again.I am sure alot of the stock holds of EA company is wondering when they are going to start producing a great madden again. Madden is the king over all other games in EA company. If madden team makes madden 11 great this by putting better presention and better announcers and better gameplay then in 10. Then EA sales will start rising again. But for now people are tired of the same old madden and ncaa year after year. That is where stock prices are falling and why sales have been down. But good luck to the stock holders. At this point I feel sorry for them and their money.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher

Over the past 5 years, I've seen some things said about EA's people that I never used to hear back in the glory days. The climate has really changed with the way people deal with them now. There is an obvious loss of respect. But I'll be straightforward and say that some of the things they've done have been done in incredibly poor judgement with some things they've made public that should've been handled with more class in a public arena (like that whole takeover fiasco).
11 straight quarters posting a loss. A million shares dropping 68%. EA is currently at about $18 dollars a share. 68% of that means when this company invested in EA it was at $56 a share. They have lost over $38 million dollars investing in EA.

I'm surprised Riccitiello's knees still work or he isn't hanging out with Jimmy Hoffa right now.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
11 straight quarters posting a loss. A million shares dropping 68%. EA is currently at about $18 dollars a share. 68% of that means when this company invested in EA it was at $56 a share. They have lost over $38 million dollars investing in EA.

I'm surprised Riccitiello's knees still work or he isn't hanging out with Jimmy Hoffa right now.
I realize why they're upset, but public attacks aren't going to help the situation. If public trust is an issue already, going into a huge public outlet like Business Week as a shareholder and exploding isn't going to improve public trust, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #6
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

Maybe private attacks haven't worked well. I don't think they listen or maybe can't comprehend what we the consumers are trying to get across to them. Hey, I don't feel sorry for them in the least. We all ask for the same stuff year after year and don't get it. I mean really, who made the decision to go hand towels over play editor and creator. And that's something they already have a blueprint for. We're still playing on an engine that obviously won't get the job done. This is no longer next gen. How long ago did these consoles come out? You guys... we need to stand up for ourselves.

signed,
an EA employee's mortgage payer.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #7
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback

"The chief investment office of Becker Capital Management-which holds around a million shares of Electronic Arts stock-said in a Business Week article that the credibility of EA's management is "non existent right now." Under EA CEO John Riccitiello's watch, EA's stock price has dropped 68% over 11 consecutive quarters."

NBA Live more than likely steped up in sales because of it being a very good game. This year was the first year I grabed Live since I had a Playstation 2, also picked it up before NBA 2K.

Quote:
This I agree with.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #8
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

weell when it comes to other peoples money , sometimes getting it out there like that may do the trick especially the name drop of the CEO .
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »