Home

Madden NFL 11 Hints From EA (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hints From EA (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2010, 08:25 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hints From EA (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
IGN has posted some Madden NFL 11 hints from the EA Season Opener.

"The average game took 63 minutes in Madden NFL 10, despite the fact that players were only playing football for 17 of those minutes. EA Sports promised that they'll deliver a faster experience in Madden NFL 11 for those who want to sit down and play for a few minutes and then get up and move on to the next activity. They gave no indication of how this would be accomplished, but if I was a betting man, I'd wager that they'll be adding a "hurry up" option to the list of presentation settings similar to what we see in this year's crop of MLB titles.

Another interesting factoid had to do with playcalling. Madden NFL 10 included 330 plays. The average user used 13 of them. I'm not exactly sure how they're going to get people to explore the playbook, but some sort of simplification is clearly needed."
Want a faster game? Play on 2 minutes.

And call me crazy, but I thought presentation was already in hurry-up mode. Unless you count the cutscenes you can't skip, everything else seems to fly-by too fast, but I'm a presentation guy so non-presentation folks wouldn't see it that way I guess...
Old 03-10-2010, 08:32 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 11 Hints From EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
76% of Madden gamers play online. There's your answer offline franchise guys. It's not a big priority to them.

I remember people claiming only 5% of Madden gamers play online and junk like that despite me arguing otherwise.

Online franchise and other online functions such as game balance and solid gameplay are priorities for sure.
One of the reasons behind that 76% of online players is because the offline hasn't been worth playing in next gen at all.

Two buggy, shallow and uninspired modes that are as stale as the game itself. No wonder people go to online, it's really the only enjoyment you can find with the product unless you're brand spankin new to the game.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Want a faster game? Play on 2 minutes.

And call me crazy, but I thought presentation was already in hurry-up mode. Unless you count the cutscenes you can't skip, everything else seems to fly-by too fast, but I'm a presentation guy so non-presentation folks wouldn't see it that way I guess...
EXACTLY!!!! Seems like they are catering to the people who want to play 10-15 minute pick up and go games. For Madden 11 just make all cut scenes skippable with the press of the X button. Why make the gameplay faster when we have 4 options of game speed?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

i wonder if these stat donk realize that online games average roughly 70 total plays or 35 plays /team /game.

so DUHHHHH, you're not gonna get through your whole playbook in a short azz game.

Nice statistical sample size and research.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Sounds like to me they want to add an option like Hurry Up in 2k baseball. As long as it's an option and not a requirement, I'm ok with it, just ok, though.

Sound like they want more multi-taskers to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #22
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden 11 Hints From EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
how about this... add in game saves

now you can play for 17 minutes, save your game, and come back later... AMAZING!
Bingo. I'd place my money on it.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #23
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
"simpler, quicker and deeper experience."
Simpler? They already have pre-packaged defenses, ask Madden, ect.

Quicker? Maybe beef up and reorganize the playbooks so folks won't have to spend all day searching for plays.

How they'll make the game deeper AND simpler/quicker is beyond me.

Quote:
The average game took 63 minutes in Madden NFL 10
I bet the other 46 minutes were spent twiddling through their sub par playbooks.

Quote:
They gave no indication of how this would be accomplished, but if I was a betting man, I'd wager that they'll be adding a "hurry up" option to the list of presentation settings similar to what we see in this year's crop of MLB titles.
I hope that's all they do.

Quote:
Another interesting factoid had to do with playcalling. Madden NFL 10 included 330 plays. The average user used 13 of them. I'm not exactly sure how they're going to get people to explore the playbook, but some sort of simplification is clearly needed
They playbooks suck! How about...

Offense: NFL teams fun many plays that look similar, from different formations. Problem with Madden is that, if you want to run a lead, for example, you can only find it in one, maybe 2 formations. Leads should be in every 2-back set. Screens should be in EVERY formation, especially for teams like Philly. We shouldn't have to search for this stuff. This is another reason folks spend so much time "not playing".

Defense: The only thing worse than the offensive playbook is the defensive playbook. First, the pre-packaged schemes have to go. Tier the playbook already. The reason I never used more than a few "plays" is because most of the pre-packaged schemes suck. If I want to run a 4-3 Man 1, for example, I'm stuck with Madden's 2-3 pre-packaged "plays". Cover 1, WOLB should be in every base front. There shouldn't be much in the 4-3 normal that's not available from the 4-3 over, under, stack, ect.

I know it's early, but I haven't heard a single Madden 11 fact that peaked my curiosity.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 6

Nothing new here from EA games.....It's all gimmicks Madden, Live, Ncaa nothing new same same ole same ole..... well im not falling for the banana in the tailpipe again.....

I will save a ton of my money this year cause im not buying any of them......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »