Home

Madden NFL 11 Hints From EA (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hints From EA (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hints From EA (IGN)

If they want to strip down the presentation online that's fine. If they want to add options to turn presentation off in offline, that's fine. But don't ruin what they built in Madden 10 just based off of some random stats from online games.

That IGN article made this sound a lot worse than this (hopefully) is. The article posted today on the front page here made things sound a little better. The IGN article makes it sound like they're going to strip down the playbooks and stuff like that, which they better not do. The playbooks need to be expanded, not stripped down. It would probably help too if there wasn't a lot of useless plays.

It would also help if the passing game is worked on this year so that every route is actually "throwable". I'm guessing part of the reason there is only a select number of plays being called is partly because of that.

But anyways, I'm gonna hold my breath before I rush to any judgement. We haven't even seen the game yet so who knows what the deal is.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:03 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 55

Applying adaptive AI to online games would force users to go to different plays. That's what I thought we were getting in M10.

If M11 has defenders key in on certain routes and plays, it'll force users to break the defense in different ways. That's an inherent key to real football. If you keep running a slant on a CB, he's going to jump it eventually. Forcing users to mix plays would "keep them honest". Who knows... maybe that'd open up a whole new can of worms. Imagine setting someone up with a bunch of slants then hitting a quick out. Rinse, repeat.

I don't know... grrr. Just revamp locomotion, ball trajectory, OL/DL interactions first

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #51
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Just revamp locomotion, ball trajectory, OL/DL interactions first
Wouldn't fixing those things make the game deeper, simpler, and quicker to play?

Now I obviously don't know what they are going to do but too many people are thinking of this as a "casual" thing when it doesn't have to be (& according to the devs it won't be).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 12

What ever they do i hope they incorporate it as an OPTION because I what even more presentation in my online games and I don't care how long the game takes! I don't want to feel rushed when I'm playing. I want a full halftime and post game show, tons of replays and hightights during the game and more comentary etc...
Old 03-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 10
All i have to say is, if these guys haven't gotten this game rite this far, i don't think all of our Imputs or opinions matter much, to me and again it's my Opinion" i truly feel these developers already have in there minds on how Madden should be. it's been 4 1/2 yrs now can i just can't get why it's so hard to create an all around football game, all these guys have to do is ( Actually Listen ) to us, and take in out opinions instead of taking our opinions the wrong way. i really hope " Visual Concepts " can work something out with E.A so that this yrs Madden won't be another disappointment. I know Madden can be better then it is, i ust don't understand why it's so hard to create a perfect football...it's 2010 lets get it together E.A
Old 03-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I don't think Madden 10 was a disappointment, not to me anyways. If they can make the leap from Madden 10 to 11 that 09 did to 10 I will be a very happy camper this year..
Old 03-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 6

Madden is a great game for the most part but its just been held down by all the glitches, stat problems, motion shifting and other things of that sort. If they could just clean up the major problems year by year then i'll be generally happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #56
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
http://www.facebook.com/EASportsMadd...s/365744508352

"Guys. Before you rush to judgment, please wait until you have full details. We are very excited about this year's version and think you will like the different options. We are definitely not dumbing the game down. In fact, it will be more authentic. Can't go into details just yet."

"The... theme for Madden 11 this year is “simpler, quicker, and deeper,”".
Aren't these 2 terms complete opposites?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »