Home

Superstar Mode - ARGH!

This is a discussion on Superstar Mode - ARGH! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Superstar Mode - ARGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
Really hope someone from EA stumbles across this thread and takes the time to watch the vids.
I'm quite certain they are aware of how poorly this mode operates, it's only gotten worse since it's inception five years ago.

It's not an online mode so you're out of luck if you're hoping for improvements.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10

It's not even really relevant to Superstar mode..

It's the AI and how the players are acting on the field.

It could be you vs the AI, if the AI does that against you where is the challenge?

The relevance to Superstar mode is just frustrating for me to view as I want to play properly but the game doesn't allow me.

I mean, I bet even people who watch that video in my last post will cringe and get frustrated.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

I admire that you can even stomach superstar mode enough to enjoy it for a full season... but that INT by Newman is ridiculous lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah, that INT - maybe you should have put more touch on the ball, but there's no way he should make that pick, at least not like that. Also amazing how the DBs have better ball awareness than the WR. If the DB could see the ball, why couldn't the WR and come back and fight for it? No consistency on who can do what, that's what frustrates me most about this game.

If that's the way it's going to play, fine. It's not wonderful, but if it played like that for everyone on the field, maybe you could work around it with sliders or whatever.

And the running game - don't get me started. I didn't cringe at that AP video, I just rolled my eyes and said - yep, that's the AI "running game" for you. AI running backs have no real clue where the holes are and for the human - those holes you see might just be "mirages" because as soon as you get there, the defender might jump off full engagement in an instant to tackle you.

Plus, I've read that Superstar mode uses it's own kind of AI on the human team to make them play worse (presumably to "increase challenge", a phrase I hate, for the player you are controlling)

Last edited by KBLover; 03-17-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:21 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
It's not even really relevant to Superstar mode..

It's the AI and how the players are acting on the field.

It could be you vs the AI, if the AI does that against you where is the challenge?

The relevance to Superstar mode is just frustrating for me to view as I want to play properly but the game doesn't allow me.

I mean, I bet even people who watch that video in my last post will cringe and get frustrated.
Yea, that was pretty bad...quite possibly laughable.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Superstar Mode is one of the biggest mode disappointments Madden has had in the past few years.

The idea of taking control of any current rookie is genius, the letdown of this mode is the amount of activties you can do with your player. Practice mode is pathetic and so is everything else.

With all the bugs, glitches and broken elements in this Madden, playing as one player can be very difficult. All the broken elements and glitches are magnified to a much higher degree when playing from the third person camera perspective. Superstar mode has so much potential but it has not made any noticable strides over the past two years.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

One of the things I love about SS mode is how it shows all the flaws in the game. You see them from the player and position aspect. Before you dive into M11, play a couple of position in SS mode first and you'll see what it's about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #16
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

In superstar mode playing as the receiver when you make sideline catches do you have better results with sideline catches and going for the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »