Old 03-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #9
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden Rpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Ahhh, gotcha, I definitely misread it. I enjoyed Blitz the League, both 1 & 2.
I never played Blitz the League II. So, I think that's what I'll pick up. The problem was that it came out near the FIFA release.

Quote:
I mean, I never viewed it as real football, but as an arcade game, and with that mindset it was enjoyable.
I play it like I do any similar style game. Tecmo comes to mind.

Quote:
Made me a Cowboys team, and a Longhorns team. Think I played through the story of BtL2 three times with a QB, HB, and WR.
Nice.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Absolutely.

My dream franchise football game has the following:
  • Ability for players (like APF2K8, no more numbers!)
  • Ability increase based on performance / experience (goal oriented so we'd know 'how' to gain various attributes)
  • Scouting based on real world info
  • Story based (Franchise or Player Based) with multiple archs
Blitz the League is the closest I have seen to my dream, which is one of the reasons I wasn't as worried when they hired Mark Turmell as others.
Agreed. This is what I'd want also.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 6

Haha! I thought this might be a funny thread about EA making a RPG game about making madden.

Be Ian Cummings and go on forums and share with the consumers - then get bashed by them all! Watch the next generation of consoles hit the shelves and get a product our as soon as you can, no matter how much it sucks! Sign an exclusive deal with the NFL to kill any competition then sit on it for a while producing a game full of bugs and glitches, watch your fan loyalty die and then try revive it once your exclusive deal is over!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2010, 12:14 AM   #12
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Wow a totally unneeded response to the poster above.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:38 AM   #13
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

Quote:
Absolutely.

My dream franchise football game has the following:
  • Ability for players (like APF2K8, no more numbers!)
  • Ability increase based on performance / experience (goal oriented so we'd know 'how' to gain various attributes)
  • Scouting based on real world info
  • Story based (Franchise or Player Based) with multiple archs
Blitz the League is the closest I have seen to my dream, which is one of the reasons I wasn't as worried when they hired Mark Turmell as others.
I gotta say, I rather enjoy, and mostly (entirely) agree with your posts.

However, do you really think that numbers are such a bad thing? How can the CPU determine probability without numbers? The way I see it, and maybe I am uninformed, any attempt to "remove" numbers, would simply be an attempt to HIDE them.

Even RPG games have, and generally display, numbers. FOF uses plenty of numbers in its stat engine. I just cannot imagine sports games without them--even if they are hidden.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:08 AM   #14
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecougarbear
I gotta say, I rather enjoy, and mostly (entirely) agree with your posts.

However, do you really think that numbers are such a bad thing? How can the CPU determine probability without numbers? The way I see it, and maybe I am uninformed, any attempt to "remove" numbers, would simply be an attempt to HIDE them.

Even RPG games have, and generally display, numbers. FOF uses plenty of numbers in its stat engine. I just cannot imagine sports games without them--even if they are hidden.
Agreed on the hide aspect, but most games don't give you the ratings in general (though RPG's definitely do). Have you ever seen the Abilities list for APF2K8? Take a look at the link below and you'll see a good starting list for players. There are still a huge number of abilities that are missing, as well as an entire listed of neutral and negative abilities.

http://www.2kfootballstrategy.com/mo...s_Descriptions
Old 03-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #15
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

Quote:
Agreed on the hide aspect, but most games don't give you the ratings in general (though RPG's definitely do). Have you ever seen the Abilities list for APF2K8? Take a look at the link below and you'll see a good starting list for players. There are still a huge number of abilities that are missing, as well as an entire listed of neutral and negative abilities.

http://www.2kfootballstrategy.com/mo...s_Descriptions
Huh,

Gotta say I quite like the concept. Reminds me a bit of the RPG-ish system in last-gen Madden. I could roll with a system like that with hidden numbers.

It's really too bad that APF didn't have a franchise. Otherwise I think, based on gameplay videos, that I would finally have a replacement for my dusty old copy of XBOX Madden 2007.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #16
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Or the madden 10 for psp real time attribute changes in game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »