Home

EA Sports Business Practices & Madden 11

This is a discussion on EA Sports Business Practices & Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: EA Sports Business Practices & Madden 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I see your point, but really, who has 8 minutes of their time to look at constant complaining. Not me.
haha....not just Truf Chasers per say...

I meant more about hightlights of nice plays and tackles someone created and posted on Youtube of another football game that *looks* so much different than Madden.

it also can be youtube footage of the nostalgic Tecmo Bowl game with NFL colors and updated rosters.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:26 PM   #50
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I know I said I wasn't going to go too much into it, but.............. I totally disagree. If you don't want to play the game then don't buy it. Obviously you must not want to play it since you're skipping chunks of it at a time. Let's look at it this way. Let's say we're running a marathon. Let's say we both start at the same time, but you can't keep up with me because you're fat ( just kidding ). Is it alright for you to pay for a cab just so you can catch up with me? What about those people behind you that didn't pay for the cab? Is is it fair for them?

EDIT: When I say you, I'm not saying you, personally, I'm saying you, meaning the consumer.

EDIT: Nevermind this post. We are getting waaaay off topic.
What? Why did you single me out, but quote someone else?

Ah, I see you edited your post.

Last edited by roadman; 03-15-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
haha....not just Truf Chasers per say...

I meant more about hightlights of nice plays and tackles someone created and posted on Youtube of another football game that *looks* so much different than Madden.

it also can be youtube footage of the nostalgic Tecmo Bowl game with NFL colors and updated rosters.
Ah, I see, good point. Well, don't be surprised if other people "rip" apart the new games, either. It seems all the rage recently.

Well, I didn't mention any names, you did. haha.

Last edited by roadman; 03-15-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #52
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
What? Why did you single me out, but quote someone else?
lol, The screen showed Roadman then after I posted it showed the actual poster lol. I fixed it though. I'll get a chance to use that line again. I'm sure of it lol. Until next time, Roadman.

Last edited by splff3000; 03-15-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
lol, yeah I did. The screen showed Roadman then after I posted it showed the actual poster lol. I fixed it though. I'll get a chance to use that line again. I'm sure of it lol. Until next time, Roadman.
Yeah, I noticed you stalking me. lol.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
it's hard to gauge those stats for reasons for sales picking up.....since Madden is the only new NFL game around...

I look it as Junkies not being able to hold out for that much longer.....they NEED their NFL fix...

it doesn't help that they are watching NFL football every weekend....and it doesn't help that one of their friends might have the game...and although they might complain about problems in the game it to each other....that one friend is getting his fix by playing a NFL game.....while the junkie is itching his arms at home.

you can only hold out for so long......updated NFL 2K5 rosters have helped some...and I'm sure BackBreaker will help others....but the non informative majority will come back for the NFL fix, because there are no true NFL options.

but I still see sales being affected alittle this year with 3 football games to choose from...as well as more and more interests rising from youtube videos comments like..."YO! how did you update 2K5's rosters" after watching a clip of NFL Football showing another football videogame that comes of looking realistic. or a new Football game with realistic tackles that seems to have futuristic NFL looking Uniforms... "YO!!!! WHAT GAME Iz Tis????"

at the end... imo, Youtube will have a big part in what will force EA to get serious with this game.
Well what we do know is that M10 did NOT rise to a new level of sales. It basically stayed on par with the past two years.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #55
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Well what we do know is that M10 did NOT rise to a new level of sales. It basically stayed on par with the past two years.
It didn't lose any sales, either, as many people like to mention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #56
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Great posts Val. I agree with almost all of it. I can't think of anything to add right now, but I think there are a few things we are forgetting. Right now though, after reading this thread, what is on my mind is DLC. The problem with DLC and Madden is that sports games are a lot different than the other types of games.

With RPG games such as Oblivion, Fallout3, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, etc. you can sell DLC for aditional equipment, missions, and parts of maps, etc. With shooters and action games like GTA, Call of Duty, Halo, and Battlefield you can do much more of the same. You can sell more levels in GTA, Map Packs, and more. With racing games you can sell aditional tracks and cars and upgrades. With sports games though, I really can't imagine what you would sell, what people would buy, and what you could sell that you already didn't have for free in prior versions of the game that fans would be upset that they were taken out. I wouldn't mind paying for extra stadiums, if they weren't already in the game before. I wouldn't mind paying for historical teams/rosters/players [player packs?] if they were fully realised. I like that they have "Joe Montana" in the game with his statistics, but he doesn't look like Joe Montana, doesn't have a photo of him, and doesn't have any presentation features. I think it would be nice if you could buy player packs like "historical player pack" that had players fully intergrated into the game. The EA has done a gret job of making realistic faces for a lot of real life NFL players. It would be nice if they took that time and effort to make Historical players and equipment for those players complete with a player photo and maybe have Chris Collinsworth [no matter how I hate him] do a line or two of commentry.

I don't want to bash the EA team, I just get the feeling when I play Madden that I am getting a product that isn't finished. That despite the hours it was worked on, it doesn't feel well made as a whole. I don't buy a lot of games, but when I do, I almost always feel like I got a quality product except when I buy Madden. For example I love Fallout3 and have all the DLC for it and plan on buying Fallout Vegas this Fall becasue FO3 was so good. I never played a Fallout game before 3. I bought Modern Warfare 2 because Call of Duty 4 was so good. I am buying Madden simply because it is football [insert joke about it not even being that at times here.] There are bad games for the 360 and PS3, but I don't buy those games. I don't give them my money. I should do the same for Madden, and unless 11 is really good, I will be. I regret paying for 09, and I regret buying M10 new [I should have bought it used online, I don't even use online franchise.] I have hardly played Madden 10, at least compared to prior games. Not because 09 or 08 were better but I am getting more and more disenfrachised every year despite the improvments. [that, and the game isn't a challenge against the computer and francihse mode stinks so I don't have any incentive to play it.]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »