Home

Weight and Height Should Factor DIRECTLY Into OVR Ratings

This is a discussion on Weight and Height Should Factor DIRECTLY Into OVR Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should Weight and Height Factor DIRECTLY Into OVR Ratings???
Yah 58 65.91%
Nah 30 34.09%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2010, 10:27 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: Weight and Height Should Factor DIRECTLY Into OVR Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
its all about balance... adding height and weight should increase some ratings and decrease others...
DING. DING. DING.
24-8 Madden 12 Record.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #90
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synkopated
DING. DING. DING.

i love the OP's idea here, its not 100 percent spot on but i think its led to some great discussion and the fact is that height and weight should factor in whether its a negative effect on certain attributes or positive effects...
Old 03-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #91
Banned

OVR: 19

There is too much thread to read through to know if someone mentioned it, but yhis was in madden before. I specifically remember 6'4 , 270 yielded the best powerback. I also remember the pts allowed to create a player were random.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 02:03 AM   #92
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdog
Maurice Jones Drew says no
He should say yes, he plays at around 210-220 at 5'6/7 that is a lot of power with a low center of gravity.

He plays nothing in Madden like he looks in real life.

They need to have an upper body and lower body strength, it could really improve the scouting when you find that DT that's 6'2 and 310, but would be the difference between him growing into a NT or DT.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:19 AM   #93
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
They were power backs, so yeah, it certainly helps them to be big-bodied and strong.

It wouldn't help an elusive guy like Barry Sanders to be like that. In fact, it would likely be physically impossible for Barry to cut and juke and spin like he did...but be Bettis' size.

That's the one thing I have with the "all things equal" because if you change a human's body type...do all things stay equal? Would Barry Sanders at 4.3 speed and insane evasiveness and being 260 lb of power as well be great - absolutely - but would that ever happen? Will there ever be a 260 lb HB that can run like CJ and dodge and juke perhaps the best ever and still run over people like Bettis/Barber/Okoye/etc?
^^ This!! The problem with the OP's argument is just what KB said: changing size while everything else stays the same. Changing a human's body size will almost inevitably change the physical abilities of that person.

Let's use the original example of Steve Smith being more valuable as a 6'3 reciever instead of the 5'9 than he is now if his abilities stayed the same. Would everything else really stay constant? Would he seriously be able to keep his agility, acceleration, ability to make quick cuts, ability to go low to catch passes while losing very little momentum if he were 6'3? I doubt it which is why the OP's argument as stated is flawed. If he had said that height/weight should be taken into account by the AI when drafting/signing players for certain schemes (bigger linemen needed for 3-4 defense as opposed to 4-3, regardless of a higher rated 4-3 lineman) then I'd agree. I don't necessarily disagree with his premise but his logic is flawed. By saying simply that given 2 recievers with identical abilities, one is 6'4 and the other is 5'10, the bigger one would be more valuable, the argument is rendered practically irrelevant given that in all likelihood the other abilities wouldn't be identical since size factors into physical abilities. However, to say that height and weight should matter in terms of certain ratings and abilities would be heading down the right track.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:40 AM   #94
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

I couldn't care less what goes into the formula to calculate the overall rating, but I think it's a crying shame that height/weight don't have a noticeable effect on gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »