Home

Weight and Height Should Factor DIRECTLY Into OVR Ratings

This is a discussion on Weight and Height Should Factor DIRECTLY Into OVR Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should Weight and Height Factor DIRECTLY Into OVR Ratings???
Yah 58 65.91%
Nah 30 34.09%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Weight and Height Should Factor DIRECTLY Into OVR Ratings

I think we need to increase all other factors outside of speed into the equation of how someone values a player.

Route running, block shedding, awareness etc. are not valuable enough in Madden to make users choose over weaker players with a ton of speed. This needs to go.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #18
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

[quote=mvb34;2040856312]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J

Steve Smith already dominates DBs him being 6'3" won't make that much of difference. Except maybe they will throw fades to him on the goal line..
Yes, it would increase his value, even if it isn't by a lot. Hmmm kind of reminds me of what I've been talking about: a very subtle increase

Old 03-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #19
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

[quote=J Masta J;2040856391]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34

Yes, it would increase his value, even if it isn't by a lot. Hmmm kind of reminds me of what I've been talking about: a very subtle increase
Why did Mike Williams of USC failed in the NFL.. He had the height..
Old 03-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #20
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
I agree, and the stupid thing is that EA made height and weight directly affect the OVR rating of imported rookies in NCAA when imported into Madden. You could have a RB with 99 everything, but if he is small for his position, his ratings will take a huge drop. Its so ****ing ********
That's an extreme case that I'm not advocating for.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #21
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

[quote=mvb34;2040856399]
Quote:

Why did Mike Williams of USC failed in the NFL.. He had the height..
You're missing the point completely. Not even close...

Size=/= 99 OVERALL, INVINCIBLE, BEST PLAYER EVER!!!!!!!

Rather, if player A and player B are identical, except that player A has the ideal build for his position/or his build gives him some sort of advantage, this should be reflected somewhat in the ratings.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #22
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

[quote=J Masta J;2040856423]
Quote:

You're missing the point completely. Not even close...

Size=/= 99 OVERALL, INVINCIBLE, BEST PLAYER EVER!!!!!!!

Rather, if player A and player B are identical, except that player A has the ideal build for his position/or his build gives him some sort of advantage, this should be reflected somewhat in the ratings.
Not it shouldn't... Tell me the difference between Payton Manning and Drew Brees?
Old 03-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #23
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

[quote=mvb34;2040856460]
Quote:

Not it shouldn't... Tell me the difference between Payton Manning and Drew Brees?
Well are all of their equal? If so, Manning would have a slight advantage given his prototypical build for a quarterback and the fact that Brees is considered a little short. Again, we're talking maybe 1 pt OVR, if that.

To go back to your other example, if you have Mike Williams and Mike Williams V2.0 who is only 5'10, original Mike Williams would have a slight advantage, but he'd still suck either way.

I am simply saying think of height/weight like any other rating. Having it in abundance doesn't necessarily make a player really good, but it is better than not having it.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #24
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

[quote=J Masta J;2040856508]
Quote:

Well are all of their equal? If so, Manning would have a slight advantage given his prototypical build for a quarterback and the fact that Brees is considered a little short. Again, we're talking maybe 1 pt OVR, if that.

To go back to your other example, if you have Mike Williams and Mike Williams V2.0 who is only 5'10, original Mike Williams would have a slight advantage, but he'd still suck either way.

I am simply saying think of height/weight like any other rating. Having it in abundance doesn't necessarily make a player really good, but it is better than not having it.

Height/weight should only play a role in the scheme you run not weather how good they are...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »