Home

Tim Tebow's impact on Madden 11?

This is a discussion on Tim Tebow's impact on Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2010, 01:38 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Tim Tebow's impact on Madden 11?

Hes going to get rocked this next season! Hes not that good.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:57 AM   #10
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

We don't know his ratings yet but im sure most people will go into the game assuming he's the next Madden 04 Michael Vick.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 03-16-2010, 02:55 AM   #11
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
They say Tim Tebow is probably the greatest college player of all time.

But when that translate to the NFL and more in particular to Madden NFL 11, where will he sit?

Currently you would have to say as a pure Quarterback he would rate somewhere between 58-65.

So I was wondering, do you think the Madden devs are working on a way to make arguably the greatest college player of all time actually be a factor in this game? He has a great following and I'm sure many people will try to turn him into a great QB in franchise mode.

So here is what I am thinking. My bet is that the Madden team add a new attribute to players - Leadership. And it will be directly because of Tebow. Out of the 2010 draft class you would say he would have the highest rating in this area and would make him a good player to use.

What the leadership rating would do I am not sure? Probably something like keep team spirits high in dire circumstances or give you more momentum to make the big plays.

Thoughts?
Leadership shouldn't be an attribute in the because there aren't any NFL veterans that look up to a rookie as a leader. Rookies have to earn their spot and prove themselves before the get any respect from a guy who has been in the league for more than 1 year.

Maybe they could have roles like on the PS2 where each player has a role and they all contribute to a team's chemistry as well as coaches who contribute to the chemistry rating also. You see how he Cowboys in '08 looked like an All Star Team but didn't have everybody buying into the what Wade Phillips wanted and they imploded. Say you had a Bilichick run team with Tebow at QB, they would be better than a Spagnuolo team with Tebow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 03:31 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain32
Leadership shouldn't be an attribute in the because there aren't any NFL veterans that look up to a rookie as a leader. Rookies have to earn their spot and prove themselves before the get any respect from a guy who has been in the league for more than 1 year.

Maybe they could have roles like on the PS2 where each player has a role and they all contribute to a team's chemistry as well as coaches who contribute to the chemistry rating also. You see how he Cowboys in '08 looked like an All Star Team but didn't have everybody buying into the what Wade Phillips wanted and they imploded. Say you had a Bilichick run team with Tebow at QB, they would be better than a Spagnuolo team with Tebow.
Very good post and fair points.

I was just throwing it out there. That maybe they will find a way to separate playing styles even more. And was trying to make an example of Tebow.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:12 AM   #13
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

His success will depend on where he goes. If he goes to a team that runs a dink-and-dunk/West Coast offensive system, then he'll do well as he doesn't really need a laser arm for that offense. But, if he goes to a team with a numbered system that utilizes more of a vertical attack, then he'll bust faster than Ryan Leaf.

In contrast, if he goes the Dolphins, he'll be a role player at best...
Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

he'll just be like every other overrated college player: decent ratings in his rookie year that will have franchise players simming thru seasons to progress him.

by year 2 or 3 he'll be down in the 70s... depending on how much gametime he actually gets in that time period.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:34 AM   #15
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

But when that translate to the NFL and more in particular to Madden NFL 11, where will he sit?

Currently you would have to say as a pure Quarterback he would rate somewhere between 58-65.

So I was wondering, do you think the Madden devs are working on a way to make arguably the greatest college player of all time actually be a factor in this game? He has a great following and I'm sure many people will try to turn him into a great QB in franchise mode.

So here is what I am thinking. My bet is that the Madden team add a new attribute to players - Leadership. And it will be directly because of Tebow. Out of the 2010 draft class you would say he would have the highest rating in this area and would make him a good player to use.

What the leadership rating would do I am not sure? Probably something like keep team spirits high in dire circumstances or give you more momentum to make the big plays.

Thoughts?

Are you F**ucking high bro?I don't think Madden needs to add anything into the game to accommodate a college player who hasn't even proven himself yet on the professional level?
Why would EA do that when all they have to do is one roster update if Tebow comes out this season and proves he going to be able to compete on a professional level......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #16
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Who is they? Wasn't Colt McCoy the most winningest QB of all time in the NCAA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »