Home

How come us franchise guys cant get what we want?

This is a discussion on How come us franchise guys cant get what we want? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2010, 05:21 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How come us franchise guys cant get what we want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo
If I'm not mistaken, franchise players got what they wanted for close to 10 years. Time for the online players to get a piece of that action.
Really? I had fun a few years ago, so now it's someone else's turn? I can't tell if this is sarcasm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 05:27 AM   #66
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsk1d
you are by far mistaken. I would like them to make it perfect to online and offline franchise. Get offline done before online or due them both at the same time.
You're not sure what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
You are mistaken. Got what we wanted last gen (ps2/xbox), since then...lots to be desired.
That's what I always hear. Whether it's Madden or NFL2K. It's laughable to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootofalleli
Really? I had fun a few years ago, so now it's someone else's turn? I can't tell if this is sarcasm.
LoL.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:36 AM   #67
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

So whats the laughable part? That franchise has been half *** since PS2? Or the fact that online at this point would be a joke? Both games had enjoyable franchise modes last gen. But now we get missing 'features'. Truth be told Online Franchise being a focus is...well ima say, lets fixed offline before they try to half complete online, leaving things out.

Good list by Pats @ the top...an online fran would be bare compared to current offline.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:09 AM   #68
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo
If I'm not mistaken, franchise players got what they wanted for close to 10 years. Time for the online players to get a piece of that action.
You are in the tiny minority,the majority play offline and in franchise mode...seems to me the smart thing to do would be to cater to the majority.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 4

If the Franchise isn't AMAZING next year then I'll be saying goodbye to Madden for awhile.

After that joke of an update, giving us 3+ 2,000 yard rushers every year and over 25 1,000 yard rushers it completely ruined franchise for me.

I could careless about online, I think I played 15 games altogether, and really hate how people just use whatever play works for them over and over and over throughout the game.I admit Online franchise with friends will eventually be very fun to play though.

I want to see things like morale, I want to see Ocho Cinco mad because Antonio Bryant is getting more receptions then him. I want to see coaches getting fired mid-season because the team's not winning.

I could go on and on, but most of these things have been stated and re-stated by many people here. All of the ideas are here, whether EA chooses to implement them and make a great game, not just a GOOD game, a GREAT game is up to them. This is next-gen and their excuses are getting old. If The Show and other sports can make amazing games, so can Madden who USE to be the best sports game period. Let's get back to that.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Amen brother.

In fact, give me the EXACT same game as Head Coach but let us be able to play the games, give us updated rosters and brand new draft classes and I'm a happy camper.
+1.

And for those that don't want that level of depth, EA should make the tasks optional (cpu controlled), or include a supplemental 2nd disc that can be integrated with Madden, so that those who want the same ol', same ol' can simply do that, and those that want the depth can integrate the 2nd disk. Either way, EA can (should) make everything optional.

Options = everyone ok.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #71
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
an online fran would be bare compared to current offline.
It already is! LoL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
You are in the tiny minority,the majority play offline and in franchise mode...seems to me the smart thing to do would be to cater to the majority.
The numbers suggest that 75% of Madden gamers can connect online through their console. So, I'm not sure who the 'tiny minority' is . . .

. . . who's the 'large minority' by the way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo
The numbers suggest that 75% of Madden gamers can connect online through their console. So, I'm not sure who the 'tiny minority' is . . .

. . . who's the 'large minority' by the way?
75% of people being able to connect does not mean that 75% will or desire too. I can connect, but that's for games like CD4 not Madden. Can does not equal do.

And yes, the numbers do demonstrate that the majority of Madden players play primarily for offline franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »