Home

Substance Abuse idea for Madden

This is a discussion on Substance Abuse idea for Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2010, 11:50 PM   #9
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Substance Abuse idea for Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla
I believe this is crossing the line, but it does happen in real life NFL football all the time. A player is caught violating the substance abuse policy (ala performance enhancing drugs). The Williamses are both in court about the StarCaps incident, and my previous thread regarding Player Morale has a direct influence in me to start up this topic.

Imagine if we can go through a small type of mini-game to enhance a player (stat boosters) but it would have to be a tricky game that is a gamble like Russian Roulette. If you get caught, the player can serve a 4 week suspension. You can randomly take a 70 rated guy and boost him to an 85 quickly with the stat boosters (steroids) in a matter of weeks. Each time you play the mini-game, it becomes harder and the bigger your chances of getting caught. It needs to be completely random and catch you off guard. I am talking like, you're in the middle of a game and all of a sudden, after you finish your play the screen comes up and you got to act fast to beat the game. You lose, you get caught.
This is why the NFL made ESPN cancell the show "Playmakers". It touched on drugging and homosexuality in football. It was a great show for the 1 season it lasted. The NFL was having none of that.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:54 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
They don't even let the players have tattoos, and they don't want late hits in the game.

I know who the cover athlete would be!

Ricky Williams.... oh wait, he didn't do it to get better. Bad choice.
Haha.. hey man, he left the league to travel and get baked, then comes back and gets over 1000 yards this year. one could argue that it's because of weed that he still has some left
Old 03-19-2010, 02:08 AM   #11
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
This is why the NFL made ESPN cancell the show "Playmakers". It touched on drugging and homosexuality in football. It was a great show for the 1 season it lasted. The NFL was having none of that.
This.

I always wondered why some channel like Spike didn't pick that show up for another season. It was a good show and I know a lot of people watched it.

To the OP, not trying to be disrespectful, but you must be new to playing Madden. Like someone else said, it is well known that they used to ask the video game companies to take out late hits and tattoos and things like that because they didn't want to tarnish their image. That's actually kinda how Blitz the League got started. Midway had always wanted to have all these over the top things in their blitz series, but they couldn't because of the NFL license. After EA secured up the license, Midway made the game they wanted to always make. Anyway, it'll be a cold day in hell before we see anything like what you're talking about in a NFL licensed game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 04:47 AM   #12
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

rather than a minigame, it would be interesting to see some of the computer generated players get busted for substance abuse of varying degrees/suspensions.
The UCLA Bruins

And I'm moving to Chicago so...
The Green Bay Packers!
Old 03-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #13
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Man, I wasn't even thinking about OTHER repercussions (besides the NFL's image backlash) until you stated "computer generated players"...imagine the lawsuits that EA would receive from players once existing players like Ben Roethlisberger or Albert Haynesworth (or god forbid TO) were "caught juicing" in Madden...there'd be so many defamation of character lawsuits that EA's head would spin...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 03-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #14
Banned

We can have something similar like "Stat Boost abuse", you overly used up Stat Boosters on a player and must sit him out for 4 weeks. You do it again, the penalty becomes harsher. And it will be a mini-game of course.

Sounds more appropriate

If successful with the mini-game, you can get away with it like Barry Bonds did and have your player have 99 Arm Strength, or get caught and face the consequences.

Last edited by MaddenBalla; 03-19-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #15
Rookie

unexpectedorc's Arena

OVR: 5

this seems better suited for baseball. OOTP baseball actually has random drug suspensions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #16
Banned

Happens in football too, not just baseball. Just trying to throw ideas to make the game as realistic as possible to what we see in the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »