Home

Peter Moore - Committed to Digital Transformation

This is a discussion on Peter Moore - Committed to Digital Transformation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Icon1 Peter Moore - Committed to Digital Transformation

This has been a hot topic since Peter Moore mentioned his goal of taking advantage of the consumer in comments during a conference call with investors. While attempting to find the PC numbers for Madden sales (in vain I might add), I ran across this article at GameSutra about the addition of a new COO. The article referenced Peter Moore's latest blog, which contained the following quote:

Peter Moore - "...they will help continue our commitment to the digital transformation of our sports business."

These were both posted today (3/19/2010). It makes you wonder how in touch Peter Moore is with the customer base, especially after the comments from only a week ago.

Val - I'm still looking for the PC sales numbers if anyone can help me out, please send me a link / info. Thanks!

Last edited by Valdarez; 03-19-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Peter Moore - Committed to Digital Transformation

Peter Moore = Bad for Madden

He reminds me of a politician with a god complex who believes he knows what's best for the masses.

Not a fan.

Last edited by Flamehead; 03-19-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

well i cant imagine this going well
Old 03-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 49

EA always tries to squeeze out every penny from there gamer fans. Pulled servers of games only 14 months old(lotrconquest), codes that have to be purchased with used games, the online stores selling things that should and used to be free in games, and now this.

I realize not everyone liked lotr conquest multiplayer online(I loved it because theres no game like that available ANYWHERE player vs player). But that was a low blow to pull that game after 14 months of release(others as well, and more to come in August). I paid $60 for that game. Whats next, developers issueing a guarenty that a games servers will be up for at least 12 months??? Maybe they will charge a monthly fee for EA server games??
Old 03-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Good. Now they will not have limited disk space. No more excuses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #6
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo
Good. Now they will not have limited disk space. No more excuses.
I think you meant unlimited.

I would feel much better if Peter Moore would use expansion / addition of instead of transformation of the business.

FootballDetails and I have exchanged a few tweets on Twitter, and he asked if I'd be willing to pay a monthly fee for any EA Sports title. My answer was no, however I did not limit it to EA Sports. I wouldn't pay a monthly fee for any game, not only EA Sports. I don't play WoW, and RPG / RTS games are my favorite category of games. If I were going to pay for a game monthly it definitely would have been EverQuest or WoW and I passed on those games for the same reason I'll pass on a sports game whether from EA Sports, 2K Sports, or THQ. I just won't pay a monthly fee for a game ever.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

IMO EA sports is trying to target the younger demographic. Along with that they have lower standards for a good football game. I mean look at how many 10-12 year kids care about accurate stats, roster moves, and a working dynasty mode over multiple seasons. I think this is the direction they want to go, target the little e thugs that think it is cool to throw for 800 yards on rookie, or onside kick on every kickoff vs another player online. The only time I played online on madden 10 I chose the Browns and someone joined and picked the patriots. The game was so stupid and I was winning 21-7 at half time with the browns. After the second onside kick I had to quit (at the start of the 3rd quarter). Sadly I know that my days of playing football video games are numbered. Hopefully that the other games coming out this year can make some impact and at least I will have a option to play another football game. With EA's rep and the new direction they are trying to go, I will not be following. Hopefully SCEA and other dev's continue to make great sport games but EA's days are numbered. Investors are dropping like flys and if this new little idea of "digital transformation" fails, ea will drop more games from their list.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #8
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I think you meant unlimited.
Yours is easier to read, but they mean the same thing.

Quote:
I would feel much better if Peter Moore would use expansion / addition of instead of transformation of the business.
True. We must remember that Steam was founded in 2002. It'll end up being the primary way of distributing games on the PC at some point (without hardcopies being distributed). It's only natural that consoles follow.

With 75% of Madden gamers being able to connect, it saves them a lot of money. With EA losing money the last 11 quarters, I think it's a wise decision. All other games will follow if Madden succeeds. What portion of Madden controls EA (referring to success)? I'm assuming FIFA is larger? My logic in this area is rather simple though, if someone with an industry background could chime in, it would be appreciated.

Quote:
FootballDetails and I have exchanged a few tweets on Twitter, and he asked if I'd be willing to pay a monthly fee for any EA Sports title. My answer was no, however I did not limit it to EA Sports. I wouldn't pay a monthly fee for any game, not only EA Sports. I don't play WoW, and RPG / RTS games are my favorite category of games. If I were going to pay for a game monthly it definitely would have been EverQuest or WoW and I passed on those games for the same reason I'll pass on a sports game whether from EA Sports, 2K Sports, or THQ. I just won't pay a monthly fee for a game ever.
I would if it's worthy. However, I'm interested in all those areas (MMO, RPG, RTS, etc).

Last edited by reo; 03-19-2010 at 01:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »