Home

What will/should be done with the Madden Drafts?

This is a discussion on What will/should be done with the Madden Drafts? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: What will/should be done with the Madden Drafts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
in order for madden to get the true attention to detail for the draft
they need to make a combine game and draft experience then you can just import them results to madden charge like 10 bucks for it
just like the nba 2k series did then you can train players or create yourself or import the basic draft class from ncaa series

as the players do all the drills you can use points to track players
that way they will have a better chance of going up in the early rounds of the draft because you are unlocking there ability

you know when you import a draft class and your like errrrrrrrrrr
why is bradford always no higher than 4th round

with a draft game you could insure your fav college players get drafted higher along with the draft game stand alone you could really do some interesting stuff like import your current franchise
so that you can make trades during the draft that would include your roster then after the draft is done you just import the result back to your franchise in the regular madden game.
im so lost... is that for my player mode/superstar or franchise?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #34
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
Oh how quickly we all forget. Anyone remember Ricardo McKenzie or Robert Keo'Ma'Fa'Lamatu or any other of Madden's wonderful "randomized" players? Even a great randomized system (MLB the Show) has some ridiculously named players. Randomization can create pretty disappointing results (if I remember correctly, a past draft I once did had like six or seven players all named some version of Mohammed). These named classes were a major, major improvement, even if they became too predictable. I hated embarrassingly named players who became superstars. Now I guess we can change names so not much of an issue, but still. I do agree that a full NCAA graduate class should be included (or at least the top 200, not just the top 15 from each position). Easiest way to do it is to translate each ability line / stat line into an invisible algorithm, say 99 speed 50 catch 1200 yards receiving turns into 5780923. Madden reads only the 5780923 and translates it back perfectly so we read, during the draft, name stats and abilities from senior year ball. If it was perfect like that I'd purchase NCAA again.
Your so right I know its still enough time to add to the game before its release...We really need this realism added to the game.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:26 PM   #35
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

it is just a thought
as for your anser the my player and superstar you can do the drills of the combine yourself then try to get drafted higher .
the franchise version you take the approach of scouting the drills so lets say your team needs a QB when the QBS do a drill there might be another drill going on at the same time so you have to priortize
what to watch and you put points on each drill to unlock players abilities you only get so many a year

the first time you run thru the game it will generate x amount of points for that draft. but once you get madden and go to the draft & combine game the second year.

its all based on your draft picks with pick number one in round one having the most value so if you have the worst record you will have the most points to scout players kinda like the draft chart they use during trades that way you get a greater chance to improve. heck you could even make your coaching staff have influence as well there is endless posabilities to what you can do.

eather way this logic or the things everyone wants to see in madden wont happen to the extent that would make you happy better off asking for a addon game like 2k series did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #36
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I really don't like how corny the names are... I know it's trivial, but it bothers me. Tim Tribow, Boar Jackson, Patrick Chewing... Can't they developers create draft classes but have the game randomly assign names to the players.

I would like it if they had name "pools" to assign names from as well. What I mean is I don't want to see some caucasian player with a name like Osi Ummenura or an african american player with the name Ryan Fitzpatrick. I want to see somewhat realistic naming, but I want a random name generator for the players the developers created. There should be a HUGE name pool to choose from and there should be something in the name generator where it throws out most reptative names. I know there are a few Roy Williams in the league right now, or a couple Alex Smiths... but rarely are there repetative names in the league.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 12

I'd like for them to fix the NCAA draft class imports so you could have gems and busts just like the generated classes. I'd also like to see them get rid of silly names in the generated draft classes like "Patrick Chewing"... ruins immersion.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #38
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
I'd like for them to fix the NCAA draft class imports so you could have gems and busts just like the generated classes. I'd also like to see them get rid of silly names in the generated draft classes like "Patrick Chewing"... ruins immersion.
They really need to work with NCAA and make it like it is in real life. And thats open the draft up and let us draft who ever is leaving there respected schools from every school that year. They would be giving us the choice of who we wanted to draft. Plus this how its done in the real NFL. Teams can draft who ever they want on draft day. Man the realism this would add to the game..But also fix the Madden draft classes for those that would like to play with those kind of players..I would like NCAA and Madden to do this for all the people that spends 120 something dollars on there games every year.. Make it like real football for us to draft like the real NFL teams do.

Last edited by cowboy_kmoney; 03-27-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #39
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

I just find something cheap about the generated classes, being able to go online and see who the gems are. It makes Franchise mode too easy. Something about the randomization and not knowing if a guys a gem or not, I like that. But the generated classes and knowing ahead of time who the great players are, takes the fun away IMHO. Either get rid of generated classes and go back to randomization, or overhaul the CPU draft logic so that they draft based on combination of need, skill, and risk/reward factor.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 25

draft classes should be 100% randomized. Once you know certain classes and who they have...there is little mystery.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »