Home

Will Madden 11 incorporate NFL Network and ESPN Presentation?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 11 incorporate NFL Network and ESPN Presentation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Will Madden 11 incorporate NFL Network and ESPN Presentation?

Honestly I just want some excitement. Obviously having a real TV broadcast and incorporating the networks would add something to the game but that isn't the end all problem solver. I would rather not have these networks in so I could have the broadcast team recognize more intense and important situations. It would add so much to the game if there was more excitement in the voices of the broadcasters come playoff time. Maybe throw in a line or discuss the scenarios for teams just outside the playoff bubble. There's so much possibility here, a line like this would make me so happy, "The Jets control their own destiny and need a win this week to make the playoffs." Simple but would add a lot.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #74
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I don't remember the commentary in 2K5 - but for some reason, I don't remember spontaenously generated conversation.

Same for MLB 09: The Show (is it in '10?) commentary was either based around events or what's going on in that game (talk about how a pitcher is owning guys or how many hits he's given up but not allowed a run yet, etc).

No just 'random' conversation. And baseball probably has less "events" than football.

I don't think conversation needs to be in the game. I think they just need to do a better job in calling the events. Why don't they talk when I put a man in motion? Or when I try to use a hard count and draw someone offsides - they could talk about how the hard count pulls them off, or if it doesn't, they could talk about how the QB is trying to mix up the snap, etc.

They can put a spotlight on a guy, like a LB that's making his presence felt - more than just saying "oh he has 7 tackles now" Maybe show a replay of those tackles, or some of the harder hits, or key tackles.

I think there's much more they could do with the commentary than just adding in random-but-still-scripted-to-act-like-it's-random conversation (if EA can't get simple play-calling right, they are going to get THIS right?). Just expand the number of events that get scripted commentary and, of course, get more emotion in the commentators as well.

Worry about getting them to call a good game first. Then worry about idle chatter.
I agree with you. They need to focus more on what is going on in the game and not just something else. I fell where you are coming from. Them just talking about random things is just boring when it has nothing to do with what is going on within the game. The need to redo the script big time.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #75
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Ian Did say last year that Audio was his most disappointing aspect of the game.
But the thing is that it is more then just audio. Presention as a whole really needs a hugh improvement. Ncaa has already got their fans attention. What is Ian and Phil doing this year to get the attention of their fans. Presention last year was a nice stepping stone. But with what NCAA is doing with presention this year. I'm sure Ian and Phil are going to do everything even better then last year I hope!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #76
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
knowing ian they will bring major presentation upgrades. can any of the cd guys tell me if they like the madden 11 presentation?
Because of the NDA contract. No CD person can't talk about anything until it is reveiled by Ian in a blog are some other news source. So at this point their lips are sealed. I wish they could tell us. But it will not happen right now.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #77
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet, but this is MADDEN right? Why not do a full NBC presentation (since this was his last employer before retirement) and get Al Michaels back in there with Colinsworth? Afterall, the NBC Sunday night Football Night in America overlays are by far the best out of all the networks. It makes sense to me... Personally, I'd hate for em to use ESPN's NFL presentation as I feel it's the worst one of the five (even though ESPN does a phenominal job with the college game, why is that anyway? lol).
Old 04-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #78
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Smile Re: Will Madden 11 incorporate NFL Network and ESPN Presentation?

cbs and fox are the answer. with cbs and fox and nfln this game would be extremely authentic presentation wise. with these 3 networks you've covered 95% of all nfl broadcasts! i can't wait until they give us presentation news. hopefully it comes on thursday.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #79
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
But the thing is that it is more then just audio. Presention as a whole really needs a hugh improvement. Ncaa has already got their fans attention. What is Ian and Phil doing this year to get the attention of their fans. Presention last year was a nice stepping stone. But with what NCAA is doing with presention this year. I'm sure Ian and Phil are going to do everything even better then last year I hope!!!
Lets be Realistic for a second, Even though NCAA has ESPN, without Cut Scenes the presentation will still be bleh. Madden made excellent strides because they started to show the off the field stuff, that needs to Happen in NCAA too. I can Imagine NCAA with the Same Presentation as last year but with ESPN, it still will suck.

NCAA has a hell of alot more work to do than Madden to get the presentation right. Even if madden still has the EA Presenation, It has its work cut out for it because of last Years strides. Dont be shocked if Madden still has better Presentation than NCAA.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:34 PM   #80
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Lets be Realistic for a second, Even though NCAA has ESPN, without Cut Scenes the presentation will still be bleh. Madden made excellent strides because they started to show the off the field stuff, that needs to Happen in NCAA too. I can Imagine NCAA with the Same Presentation as last year but with ESPN, it still will suck.

NCAA has a hell of alot more work to do than Madden to get the presentation right. Even if madden still has the EA Presenation, It has its work cut out for it because of last Years strides. Dont be shocked if Madden still has better Presentation than NCAA.
Well the thing is at this point we only have some photos of what they are adding to presention in NCAA 11. But you are right about the cut scenes. If they ain't in are they ain't in the proper order and triggered in the right instant. Then it is a complete failure with are without ESPN as part of NCAA 11. But until I seen video of the presention in NCAA 11, I will hold off on judgement. We don't know what to expect from NCAA presention this year. But until we see video it is hard to compare it to Madden 10 presention. But overall I would love to see a full presention from Ian and company this year in Madden 11. I want it to be alot better then it was in madden 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »