Home

Will Madden 11 incorporate NFL Network and ESPN Presentation?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 11 incorporate NFL Network and ESPN Presentation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Will Madden 11 incorporate NFL Network and ESPN Presentation?

This subject is brought up often.

The NFL Network will probably be used, not so much ESPN. I think it was explained if Madden used ESPN, the NFL wouldn't be too happy with that.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 15

Yes Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth are a pair on NBC - Sunday night football.

Last edited by joejccva71; 03-24-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #11
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

The NFL Network will probably be used, not so much ESPN. I think it was explained if Madden used ESPN, the NFL wouldn't be too happy with that.
I hope one of the networks is used. EA/Tib doesn't seem to do to well when trying create a broadcast atmosphere on their own. NCAA B-Ball 10 has given me a glimmer of hope that we may see network inspired presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #12
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
They need a complete rewrite of how the commentary works, not just new commentary. Right now, commentary is only event driven. If nothing happens, then all you get is silence. 2K Sports solved this problem nearly half a decade ago by introducing banter between the commentators. The banter is only interrupted when there is something worthwhile on the field. Madden desperately needs this in order to make the commentary worth listening to. Adding 2, 4, 6, 8 commentators won't mean a thing if commentary still works the same as it did in M10 and prior revs of the game.
Exactly Val.

Before they think about getting multiple broadcast teams in (if it's even possible), they need to do better with the current one they have.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #13
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

These reasons might have worked 5 years ago when we were all naive video game players, but we've grown a lot since then, lol. If the NFL Network is so draconian about network exclusivity, then why did they ever allow ESPN NFL 2k5 to be made? Not only does that game exclusively hold the ESPN brand in it's very name, but it's 100% predicated on the ESPN network with 0% NFL Network penetration.

So it simply doesn't make any sense. But then again, I don't think EA ever officially used the "NFL Network" excuse. I think it's just a conspiracy us fans made up. In reality, the truth is probably just that EA didn't want to use ESPN in their game. They probably thought it would detract from their EA brand. But I think they're quickly discovering that this isn't the case. ESPN actually enhances the reputation of their company.

Last edited by N@X_WiZaRD; 03-24-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:22 AM   #14
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
These reasons might have worked 5 years ago when we were all naive video game players, but we've grown a lot since then, lol. If the NFL Network is so draconian about network exclusivity, then why did they ever allow ESPN NFL 2k5 to be made? Not only does that game exclusively hold the ESPN brand in it's very name, but it's 100% predicated on the ESPN network with 0% NFL Network penetration.

So it simply doesn't make any sense. But then again, I don't think EA ever officially used the "NFL Network" excuse. I think it's just a conspiracy us fans made up.
Actually Ian said this last Year. Since the NFL Network is in competition with ESPN, the NFL did not want EA to use ESPN overlays.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Actually Ian said this last Year. Since the NFL Network is in competition with ESPN, the NFL did not want EA to use ESPN overlays.
Bingo. Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #16
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD

So it simply doesn't make any sense. But then again, I don't think EA ever officially used the "NFL Network" excuse. I think it's just a conspiracy us fans made up. In reality, the truth is probably just that EA didn't want to use ESPN in their game. They probably thought it would detract from their EA brand. But I think they're quickly discovering that this isn't the case. ESPN actually enhances the reputation of their company.
Madden is the only NFL game and therefore the NFL may push them more into not doing it because of it. Iirc, becuase of the NFL not wanting it in, things such as full team/stadium relocation aren't in anymore as they were in previous madden games.

No one knows the exact reason but I personally wouldn't say that that reason is an excuse. Since madden is the only NFL game, the NFL more than likely has much more control over what goes in compared to when there were multiple NFL games.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 03-24-2010 at 09:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »