Home

Will Madden 11 incorporate NFL Network and ESPN Presentation?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 11 incorporate NFL Network and ESPN Presentation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #17
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Will Madden 11 incorporate NFL Network and ESPN Presentation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Actually Ian said this last Year. Since the NFL Network is in competition with ESPN, the NFL did not want EA to use ESPN overlays.
He did?

You have a link by any chance?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
He did?

Phil did too.

I'll have to dig for it.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

EA Sports wants to have their own Presentation, it makes no sense because EA wants to promote the EA Brand of presentation. It makes no sense since I doubt EA will be calling any Primetime NFL games on TV.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #20
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

seeing all the strides they made last year -- basically setting the foundation they can build off of, I think we will get a nice presentation of NFL Network or something.

I think some people forget how drastic of a jump they made last year with the pre game warm up, half time 'show' and the franchise mode recap show thingy ( i didn't play franchise mode, but i think they had some NFL Network wrap-up show or something).

I realize none of the presentation was extensive -- but it was progress from '09...much progress.

Seeing that they have laid the foundation, I think things like the halftime show, and all the presentation aspects of madden will definitely be a lot more thorough..just because they arrant building from the ground up like they were last year.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #21
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
He did?

Yeah he did. I remember him saying it as well. I have no idea where a link for it is, but I can vouch for Roadman and cusefan that it was said by Ian.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #22
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
These reasons might have worked 5 years ago when we were all naive video game players, but we've grown a lot since then, lol. If the NFL Network is so draconian about network exclusivity, then why did they ever allow ESPN NFL 2k5 to be made? Not only does that game exclusively hold the ESPN brand in it's very name, but it's 100% predicated on the ESPN network with 0% NFL Network penetration.

So it simply doesn't make any sense. But then again, I don't think EA ever officially used the "NFL Network" excuse. I think it's just a conspiracy us fans made up. In reality, the truth is probably just that EA didn't want to use ESPN in their game. They probably thought it would detract from their EA brand. But I think they're quickly discovering that this isn't the case. ESPN actually enhances the reputation of their company.
In 2004, the NFL probably didn't care about 2k using the ESPN logos because at that time NFL Network didn't broadcast live games.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #23
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Unless Ian comes out in a blog sometime later on and says ESPN will be in madden 11. Don't expected to be in. NFL Network was part of madden 10 and it will most likely be in again. But I am sure it will better this year coming.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

the ultimate form of presentation would incorporate all NFL broadcasts (NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFL Network) to expand on the idea the last EA NCAA Basketball game used with CBS and ESPN overlays. heck, that is DLC people would actually pay for if licensing fees became an issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »