Home

Does anyone even play Superstar mode???

This is a discussion on Does anyone even play Superstar mode??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #17
Rookie

Double C's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Does anyone even play Superstar mode???

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYGx
It's boring. I somewhat enjoy Road to Glory (NCAA). But SuperStar mode in Madden has been dull. Even on PS2/Xbox when it first came in.
Same here. I didn't even try it this year.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double C
Same here. I didn't even try it this year.

I have played it in the past versions and this version and the one thing that they shouldnt have changed was the camera angle.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #19
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

I play it but it is extremely boring. I don't know how to explain it but RTG is way more enjoyable! I made a guy at every postion, and I would like to play with him in the NFL. But madden Superstar mode is so boring it's unplayable!
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 03-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

I haven't played Superstar since the first year.
They should it more like My Player mode in 2k, or MLB the Show.
Have a coach give goals for the player to achieve every game.
and have a much better custom face generator like in 2k or SCEA sports games.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Superstar mode seemed interesting until you actually play it... then u get pretty bored in about 10-15 minutes after running the same HB dive play at "practice"

If it had more of the extras and was added as more than just an after thought, like say, 2k's My Player it'd be worth it. My Player has its own problems and bugs, but the idea is done pretty well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus1108
I think the reason why this type of mode doesn't work is cuz ur automatically put into the NFL. There's no "work" involved. For example, look at the RTTS mode on MLB the Show 10. There you start in the minors and have to work ur way up to the big leagues. If they could somehow incorpate that then it would be better.
Just implementing the training points system would be a plus. At least then maybe you'll try harder every game since you can progress your player faster.

Would be nice to have to start off on the bench or playing special teams and then doing well in practice to get points to build your player and gain approval from the HC so he can then be worth a look in games.

You're auto in the NFL - but that doesn't mean you are given a starting job. Should have to work into it - especially at a position like QB.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

I haven't tried it this year, is it any fun?
Old 03-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 12

It's a vicious cycle. It was never very good, so not a lot of people played it. Then they saw that not a lot of people played it and they stopped working on it and it got worse, so even fewer people play it. Since even fewer people are playing it, I wouldn't be surprised if SS wasn't even in Madden 11.

Superstar Mode has the potential to be great. Just look at Be-a-Pro mode in NHL 10 or Road to the Show in MLB 10: The Show. Those two modes are the same thing as SS mode for their respective sports that people play all the time and make story threads to follow their player's career through the years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »