Home

Does anyone even play Superstar mode???

This is a discussion on Does anyone even play Superstar mode??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #33
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Does anyone even play Superstar mode???

I would play if they copied NBA 2K10's MyPlayer mode. Have you start at the NFL Combine/Senior Bowl and work to get drafted, but most would be a UDFA.

It would be really cool if you could play in the UFL for awhile. But maybe that's for future games.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:24 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 9

I played it a lot in 09, but barely at all in this year's version. They took out the announcers, made the practices go much longer, got rid of individual workouts for the draft, and switched to allocating points instead of doing the drills. I hate what they did, I couldn't possibly play a game that has no announcing or music.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:01 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
I would play if they copied NBA 2K10's MyPlayer mode. Have you start at the NFL Combine/Senior Bowl and work to get drafted, but most would be a UDFA.

It would be really cool if you could play in the UFL for awhile. But maybe that's for future games.
I think that this could go miles to improving SS mode. Force players to work to get to the NFL (like everyone has been saying). Have people go undrafted and have to go play in an alternate league (UFL, AFL, CFL) to prove themselves before getting offered an NFL contract (a la Kurt Warner). Heck, I would be thrilled if EA even created a fictional league that people had to play in before making it to the NFL, and once we get to the NFL, make us work to crack the starting lineup, don't just hand us the starting role as a 66 OVR HB over Steven Jackson or Adrian Peterson because we went to a couple of practices.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #36
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

I just cant stand that point of view where I literally cant see anything because the camera is in first person. I understand what they were aiming for, but they should at least give you the option of what camera you want especially when playing WR or even RB...you have like this tunnel vision that frustrating for me at least...
Old 03-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #37
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
I just cant stand that point of view where I literally cant see anything because the camera is in first person. I understand what they were aiming for, but they should at least give you the option of what camera you want especially when playing WR or even RB...you have like this tunnel vision that frustrating for me at least...
The point of view in Superstar is horrible now, but was worse in previous Madden's. I remember playing Madden 07 on XBOX and it being nearly impossible to play because of the camara angle. Madden 06 was a too me, a great mode. I played almost 20 seasons with my superstar. This is also a reason I don't play it anymore. I played it so much in 06, I nearly hate it. It's always the same stuff anyways.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #38
Banned

Titus1108's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu

I agree...they need to give us the option to play with the "classic" madden view.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #39
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlueDude
The point of view in Superstar is horrible now, but was worse in previous Madden's. I remember playing Madden 07 on XBOX and it being nearly impossible to play because of the camara angle. Madden 06 was a too me, a great mode. I played almost 20 seasons with my superstar. This is also a reason I don't play it anymore. I played it so much in 06, I nearly hate it. It's always the same stuff anyways.
LOL, I preferred the '07 xbox SS camera mode. It made you swing your head a little to see the whole field while in-play. I felt like I was going through progressions as a QB. The camera angle in M'10 is too far back.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:24 PM   #40
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlueDude
Exactly, that camera angle is just the deal breaker for me at the end of the day....let alone it just gets so boring compared to what MLB did with the show, and even what NCAA did with the entire theme of coming from High School. IDK, the Devs will get it together eventually -- even if its 2020, one day we will all be amazed (thats just how I look at it loll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus1108
I agree...they need to give us the option to play with the "classic" madden view.
Def. agree with that

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »