Home

Normal speed?

This is a discussion on Normal speed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Normal speed?

I had been playing at all-pro level, slow speed for months and was dominating the AI in my franchise.

Switched things up to normal speed and I feel like I'm getting more of a challenge because I have a smaller window to make plays. I've also noticed there are not as many interceptions at normal speed, almost seems like the defenders have too much time to get into position and pick the ball at slow speed.

Would be interested to hear others thoughts on normal speed vs. slow speed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Normal speed?

Well I felt that madden 09 was to fast and I felt that madden 10 default speed was to slow. I wouldn't mind them find a speed in between those 2 speeds to balance out the gameplay to make it more real. I just feel the default speed is to slow. Yes I know there is a setting for speed. But it would be nice if they would adjust the slow speed just to make it slightly more fast and not to fast like madden 09.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I think the visuals move at fast while the programming move at slow speeds. Does that make sense?
Old 03-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Oh no, not this again. No offense to the OP, but every time someone tries to have a civil discussion about game speed it becomes a shout fest between the slow speeders and the normal speeders. I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen here too.

To answer your question though, I prefer the normal speed because you don't have as much time to react as you do with slow speed and it's still a fairly nice speed. Fast is too fast for me because it starts to feel like an arcade game then ala old school NFL blitz.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Oh no, not this again. No offense to the OP, but every time someone tries to have a civil discussion about game speed it becomes a shout fest between the slow speeders and the normal speeders. I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen here too.

To answer your question though, I prefer the normal speed because you don't have as much time to react as you do with slow speed and it's still a fairly nice speed. Fast is too fast for me because it starts to feel like an arcade game then ala old school NFL blitz.
I agree with you on that right there. I was trying to say that in my last post. I felt that madden 09 speed was to fast and madden 10 speed was to slow. It would be nice if they found a speed in between those to speeds to make the gameplay fell more smooth and balanced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I agree with you on that right there. I was trying to say that in my last post. I felt that madden 09 speed was to fast and madden 10 speed was to slow. It would be nice if they found a speed in between those to speeds to make the gameplay fell more smooth and balanced.
Th out-of-the-box game speed is set to "slow" by default. If that is what you mean, then set it to "normal." Ian himself said he didn't know why and didn't like that the game came out of the box with slow game speed.

When I put Madden in for the first time I went in and set it to Normal. I have played with the other setting to try them out, but I prefer normal.

What speed do you play on?
Old 03-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

I think the slow speed was meant to make the game more accessable to folks that are new to madden. I also think this is why it was changed online, so that new madden gamers could go online and not feel overwhelmed. I remember Ian saying at one point that they wanted to get Madden to the point that a football coach who had never played madden could beat an experienced madden player based on his knowledge of football. Slowing the speed down makes it less about how good of a gamer you are.

Anyhow, not looking to re-start "speed wars" just want to hear what others think about normal game speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »