Home

How to get a scrambling QB to run less

This is a discussion on How to get a scrambling QB to run less within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2010, 01:18 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
How to get a scrambling QB to run less

I just finished the 2014 regular season in one of my Franchises and this was the first year that Terrelle Pryor took over as my starting QB. Now Pryor is definitely a scrambling QB (96 Speed, high 90's in all running attributes, 70-90 in accuracies), but he's scrambling too much.

At the end of the season (simmed 13 games, played 3) Pryor has about 2700 yards passing, and over 1000 yards rushing (avg almost 10 YPC, had 10 TDs, on the plus side he did win NFL MVP). However I want him to scramble less and throw the ball more. I've spent 4 years building up my offense (mainly my WR corp) from literally dead last in the league to be the next "Greatest Show on Turf," and I want my WRs to be able to put up the numbers that they're capable of, but Pryor scrambles too much.

I tried going into the Coaching Scheme section and moving the slider over to Pocket Passer in an effort to keep him in the pocket more, but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Last edited by Dianwei32; 03-29-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2010, 05:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: How to get a scrambling QB to not run less.

The priority slider (I assume thats the one you adjusted) has to do with what type of players the team prefers at a position (ie, scrambler/pocket passer). You could try adjusting offensive aggression and run/pass ratio to see if that helps.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

96 speed?
Old 03-29-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
96 speed?
Yup, usually he comes out with high 80's to low 90's speed (must have had a heck of a junior year when I simmed NCAA for the draft class), but occasionally he come out like Mike Vick on steroids and HGH. Typically in those cases he is the #1 or #2 overall pick, but for some reason this time he was projected a 1st-2nd rounder and I was able to snatch him up with the #27 pick. He was probably projected so low because of his terrible accuracies (they started off in the mid-50's to low-60's).
Old 03-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

QB Contains and spy
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »