Home

What is the most important aspect to you?

This is a discussion on What is the most important aspect to you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: The most important aspect of Madden NFL 11
Presentation 1 0.89%
Gameplay 54 48.21%
Franchise 46 41.07%
Online Play 0 0%
All of the above 11 9.82%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: What is the most important aspect to you?

So can we all kind of agree that to be happy with a game, it has to be balanced in all areas?
Old 03-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #10
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6

while gameplay is obviously huge (OLine play, 3-4 Def, wr/cb interaction, etc) the aspect that needs the most attention is franchise(offline). it's the bread and butter of the game for me.
the game took a HUGE step backwards imo in the next gen when it came to franchise.
improvements needed in the following:

---DRAFT.
-imported classes are a mess. we need editable draft classes. Once the draft is imported, let us tinker(edit all attributes and appearances) to get what we want. If you want that element of randomness, don't tinker. Give us control of how we want to conduct our franchise.
-Also improve draft presentation. make it more fun.

---IN FRANCHISE EDITs/CAPs.
let us edit whatever we want during a franchise. appearance or ratings. again, if you don't want this, don't use it, but it should be available for those who do.

---IR and ROSTER REQUIREMENTS.
-how is it that we have an NFL licensed game that doesn't allow us to have actual, real NFL rosters because of limitations set by IR and position requirements.

---SUBSTITUTIONS.
-we need to set our sub packages outside of a game.
-let us put whomever we want wherever we want to regardless of position. why can't my strong safety return kickoffs???? why can't a WR be my 3rd string QB? why can't a wr kick extra points? Chad Johnson did it. Doug Flutie did it. Randall Cunningham used to punt. why is this not allowed in Madden?

---SPECIAL TEAMS DETAIL.
-we need special teams depth charts/substitutions.
-we need sliders for blocking kicks and returning.
ST is 1/3 of football, but in Madden is swept under the rug.

---EDITABLE COACHES.
-let us create a coach
-let the coaches strengths/weaknesses be more involved in the franchise.

---REALISTIC STATS.
this is 2 fold.
-M10 was plagued w/ stat problems. RB2 has low YPC, RB1 has HI YPC. Sack #s are way too low, then sack #s are way too high. 2000 yard rushers all over the place. almost no pancake blocks, etc. EA, please fix this. it was good in prior years, so why did all hell break lose this year?
-there are running back by committe all over the NFL. some even have 3 back systems (OAK, DAL). spread out the carries. I've seen RBs carry the ball 35 times during a game with the backup getting 2 carries. that's silly.

well, i'm sure there's much more, but that's what's come to mind right now.
PLEASE EA, i'm getting old, let's have a great game where WE have control of what kind of experience we can have.

...and a Baba Booey to y'all

Last edited by cletusdog; 03-30-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Gameplay 100%. All that other stuff is useless if the actual game doesn't play well.

After that it's Franchise, Presentation and Online in that order for me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 15

Franchise and Gameplay are both equally important and must be worked on in depth this year.

I want the indepth draft, scouting process, FA, RFA, Trading, and everything else that the franchise is all about including accurate/realistic stats.

But I also want the gameplay where the OL/DL and WR/DB interaction is top notch among other things. I really could care less about online but these fixes apply for offline as well.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:09 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Wait is this supposed to be specifically for Madden 11 or were you just talking in general?

If it's for Madden 11 then I'd say Gameplay and Franchise are 1a, 1b for me, Online (basically just online franchise, could care less about ranked games) and then Presentation.

The gameplay is pretty good in 10, IMO. But it could use some fixes and tweaks, along with a few new additions. For me the passing game being refined, catching (jump balls, sideline/endzone catches), OL/DL and WR/DB interaction, 3-4 working properly and just better/smarter defensive play all need to be things that are done in Madden 11.

Franchise needs to be a lot more in depth with more features. IR working, CPU trade offers and CPU trading with other CPU teams, etc.

Online Franchise needs to be as close to the offline version as possible, along with the ability to practice and/or export your team.

Presentation is mostly good for me. They need to make the 1st down and TD confirmation cutscenes more random so it doesn't give away the result of the play (the camera is at a different angle when you get a 1st down, when the white ref is the first one in the scene it's not a TD). Challenges need to be fixed and that should lead to some nice cutscenes of the ref going under the hood to review the play and reaction by both teams from the result of the review. Another thing is that the pre play camera angles always focus on the QB. They never cut to a RB, LB, WR, etc.

That's what I think is most important for Madden 11.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:16 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Organic gameplay is by far the most important part of the game to me.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:30 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

Franchise and gameplay are clearly the top two in my opinion. Gameplay is a more important aspect overall but I would more like to see franchise improved because it is so broken and would be so easy to fix. Without both of them though the game really isn't going to be that great
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2010, 09:14 AM   #16
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Great Poll. Shows Ea that focusing on presentation and online so much is not what we want.
In the CG franchise I enjoyed all the off-season stuff probably more than playing the game. In NG, well you all know what I am talking about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »