Home

What is the most important aspect to you?

This is a discussion on What is the most important aspect to you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: The most important aspect of Madden NFL 11
Presentation 1 0.89%
Gameplay 54 48.21%
Franchise 46 41.07%
Online Play 0 0%
All of the above 11 9.82%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2010, 07:37 AM   #33
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: What is the most important aspect to you?

Wow. 0 votes for online play?

To me, this indicates that only a certain type of gamer visits OS forums. Because clearly, online is an extremely popular aspect of madden.

Might I posit: This is poll is not (truly) representative of the gaming community.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 32

gameplay comes before everything. Without solid gameplay I don't even attempt to play. Thus, every other aspect has no meaning.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

To me I don't give a damn about Online and Superstar modes. They can be scrapped for all I care.

I wouldnt be upset if the gameplay only had the wrinkles ironed out but the FRANCHISE mode is WAAAAAAAY behind where it should be!

"If it's in the game.......it's in the game!!" - Apart from Franchise mode it would appear.

We need things like players holding out, problem players with bad attitudes who's play gets affected if they don't get what they want. Players wanting trading away.

Look at the Brandon Marshall situation: top 5 receiver and easily worth a Round 1 pick but no one wants to give one up for him because of hsi off-field issues. In Madden, you can confidently sign B-Marsh and know you will get a top WR with no problems at all like work ethic, attitude........
Media interviews where the wrong answer could upset certain players and morale drops........ CPU teams trading players & picks..........CPU team offering trades.......... more detail in the free agency signing section as to why a player doesnt want to sign or is more willing sign.............

Coaching/coaches having an effect............

The Draft also needs ALOT more attention. In the NFL its a really big deal which causes alot of excitment months before it occurs so maybe updats on the top prospects through the season heading up to the draft, news alerts about players stock rising or dropping..............

More fan intereaction aswell. Ie: if you have a bad draft, or let a top player leave but don't replace them etc.........the fans complain and your popularity drops and fans holding banners to at games wanting you fired and you have more chance of being sacked.

And when did they decide to leave out the option to change personell in certain formations? Ie - If I have one Safety who excels in coverage, why can't I put him in on obvious passing situations and one who is a run stuffer in on running downs?

All these things would make a MASSIVE improvement

Last edited by Matt44; 04-03-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #36
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

To me, this indicates that only a certain type of gamer visits OS forums. Because clearly, online is an extremely popular aspect of madden.

Might I posit: This is poll is not (truly) representative of the gaming community.
What, might I ask, needs to be fixed about online play that doersn't directly tie into game play/AI and Franchise features? EA's servers could be better, and I would like a few more options for unranked games [game speed, sliders, etc.], however, online itself isn't that bad. it's the people who play online. The dev team can't make a patch to stop people from being D-Bags online... though that would be funny to think about [and I bet they wish they could.]
Old 04-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #37
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

I actually only play online -- but what is online with horrible gameplay? or gameplay that allows you and your opponent to just win a game off the basis of who can out exploit who because of the gameplay.

More realistic gameplay will automatically fix Online Play IMO.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 3

animations,gameplay
Old 04-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'm a huge franchise guy, but even at that I have to swing with gameplay. Without good gameplay, it doesn't matter how good the franchise mode is, I'll have trouble coming back for more.

That being said, I hope both receive substantial upgrades (and this will be required for me to purchase the game this year - just rented last year).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »