Home

Fans to Influence Madden NFL 11 Rookie Ratings During the NFL Draft

This is a discussion on Fans to Influence Madden NFL 11 Rookie Ratings During the NFL Draft within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #33
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: PETER MOORE blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
There were two different demos last year. People who pre-ordered at GS got a Cards-Steelers demo with 5:00 qtrs.
Ok, well, I only got a 1 minute quarter, which wasn't enough time to make a decent drive. I'd rather have a one 4 minute quarter than 4 1 minute ones. Anyhow, the demo disappointing me last year due to the 1 minute quarter and not being able to get a good feel for the game.

This is another example of business practice fail. Attempting to entice consumers to preorder BEFORE they play the demo. Seriously. Demo's are meant to entice NEW gamers/consumers, not existing ones. Honestly, half the things EA Sports does really makes me scratch my head. They were willing to forgo convincing new gamers to buy their games in hopes existing gamers would purchase earlier, when those consumers would have purchased any way. Just a bad business decision.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #34
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Ok, well, I only got a 1 minute quarter, which wasn't enough time to make a decent drive. I'd rather have a one 4 minute quarter than 4 1 minute ones. Anyhow, the demo disappointing me last year due to the 1 minute quarter and not being able to get a good feel for the game.

This is another example of business practice fail. Attempting to entice consumers to preorder BEFORE they play the demo. Seriously. Demo's are meant to entice NEW gamers/consumers, not existing ones. Honestly, half the things EA Sports does really makes me scratch my head. They were willing to forgo convincing new gamers to buy their games in hopes existing gamers would purchase earlier, when those consumers would have purchased any way. Just a bad business decision.
lol i understand where your coming from, but putting $5 on the game, getting the code to play four 5 minute quarters for a demo -- and than just canceling your pre order isn't that bad lol...

I no times is hard for everyone, but $5 that you can literally get back the next day doesn't seem that bad...(imo)
Old 03-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #35
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
lol i understand where your coming from, but putting $5 on the game, getting the code to play four 5 minute quarters for a demo -- and than just canceling your pre order isn't that bad lol...

I no times is hard for everyone, but $5 that you can literally get back the next day doesn't seem that bad...(imo)
hah... sounds like you found a loop hole! Still, the premise behind their approach is unsound. Boosting preorders while failing to attract new gamers defeats the purpose of the demo.

EA is so worried about secondary sales they are doing everything they can to get you to buy the game outright, when the ONLY thing they need to do is provide a quality game. That's it. It's actually that simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #36
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Bad move, its stupid to listen to fans that possibly never saw half the guys that get drafted because they might not watch college football. On top of that, you'll get people voting that don't really know football even though they think they do. Then you got positions like OL where people don't typically focus on when watching college football games. People will just throw out numbers without really sitting down and breaking down film on these guys in depth.

Terrible idea, how about hiring another guy to help Donny out who actually will break down tape of these guys in college instead of trusting fans.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #37
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
This is the same reason Allen Iverson was an All Star this year when he's clearly DONE!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #38
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
hah... sounds like you found a loop hole! Still, the premise behind their approach is unsound. Boosting preorders while failing to attract new gamers defeats the purpose of the demo.
lol yeah I understand your point, because as a marketing minor, that strategy of going out and placing a pre order for a gift (in this case the extended demo), will attract more people to go out to get it and not get a refund whether that customer enjoyed the demo or not...

Its just like the cell phones with the mail-in rebate. Most people NEVER tear off the bar code in the back, and fill out the paper work to get that money back most because they are lazy.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #39
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Fans to Influence Madden NFL 11 Rookie Ratings During the NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I just hope Donny doesn't make the mistake and give all guys in round 1 A potential and round 2 B potential ect. Nothing like playing online Franchise with a Ray Rice that only has B potential And a DHB that has A potential.
You just wait! haha jp.. DHB is the 3rd worst pick ever in the NFL Draft.. right behind Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell...
Old 03-30-2010, 10:31 PM   #40
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Fans to Influence Madden NFL 11 Rookie Ratings During the NFL Draft

Yea i can't say this is a good idea, as stated several times, there is going to be so much over rating the average in itself is going to be screws, heck i know im going to hate on every ohio state player

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »