Home

Should Super Star Be It's Own game?

This is a discussion on Should Super Star Be It's Own game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would You Prefer Separate Games for ********* & My Player modes?
Yes! I only play one mode anyhow and I'd rather the team focus only on it! 17 34.00%
No, because then I'd have to buy both games if I wanted to play both modes! 24 48.00%
Doesn't matter, I'm only going to buy the ********* game. 7 14.00%
Doesn't matter, I'm only going to buy the My Player game. 0 0%
Ummm, what's a Sports Game? 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #25
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Should Super Star Be It's Own game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
It is just not feasible for EA to release a whole separate game for one mode.

Madden NFL 12 : Superstar Mode

I mean it will use the Madden 12 engine and just be a single mode. No online play?

How do you sell it?

MODES should just not be on a separate game disk. If my PS3 can handle having all the modes fully fleshed out on 1 disk then that's all I want.

And if they went with SS mode, why would they stop there?

Madden NFL 12 : Franchise Mode
Madden NFL 12 : Online Mode
Madden NFL 12 : Challenge Mode

etc etc. I'm sorry, but it's just stupid IMO.
Nice use of your vernacular there. Always love intelligent discussions...

We're not discussing the existing mode in it's current form, but the mode being made into a compelling single player experience, far beyond what we have seen in existing games. Try to think beyond the Sports genre with regards to what you have seen in other single player based games.

From a business standpoint, I guarantee you that management would be with you. They'd want to continue to nickel & dime you, because there's little immediate risk and an immediate reward. I believe this erodes the brand name over time, and while the initial effect may be immediate the long term costs of lost sales could easily offset money today.

The thing is that both of the modes (franchise / single player), are completely different experiences, neither of which are being done justice on a single disc with dual modes, especially considering what's capable from today's consoles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #26
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Let me take this a step further. What if they combined Road to the Show with Super Star, so you had a single player experience where you played a Football player from high school, through college, through the NFL? So now you really are playing a full single player experience in a RPG / Story / Sports game.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
What if they combined Road to the Show with Super Star, so you had a single player experience where you played a Football player from high school, through college, through the NFL?
Yes, please.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 10

If it was up to me I'd just scrap it. Its currently just waisting space that could be use towards something else. But if it will take more time to get rid of Id rather them just leave it be.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #29
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
There's no game that's done a single player experience right, or done it justice. Not one.
That's a bit harsh. 2K's My Player mode did a pretty good job. Heck, superstar and campus legend were pretty damn good at first implementation into their respective game. My beef has been the lack of progression or regression in each of those modes.

You seem to want it to be a much more serious mode. Which I totally want as well. But stand alone? Why? Is this really the only possible way to develop the mode/game into something special and worthwhile?

Quote:
Let me take this a step further. What if they combined Road to the Show with Super Star, so you had a single player experience where you played a Football player from high school, through college, through the NFL? So now you really are playing a full single player experience in a RPG / Story / Sports game.
This is completely different from your first proposition. But sounds interesting.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:30 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Nice use of your vernacular there. Always love intelligent discussions...

We're not discussing the existing mode in it's current form, but the mode being made into a compelling single player experience, far beyond what we have seen in existing games. Try to think beyond the Sports genre with regards to what you have seen in other single player based games.

From a business standpoint, I guarantee you that management would be with you. They'd want to continue to nickel & dime you, because there's little immediate risk and an immediate reward. I believe this erodes the brand name over time, and while the initial effect may be immediate the long term costs of lost sales could easily offset money today.

The thing is that both of the modes (franchise / single player), are completely different experiences, neither of which are being done justice on a single disc with dual modes, especially considering what's capable from today's consoles.
Don't ****ing belittle me. I've kept a close eye on your posts for a while now, and you seem to have a big reputation for what reason I'm not sure. You seem to know your football but when you combine it with Madden you come off trying to sounds like Einstein.

I know exactly what you are talking about and have a good idea of what you want. You want a GTA: Madden, or Final Fantasy Madden yeh?

I still think they can put it all on Madden NFL xx itself.

You missed my whole point. They can do everything else you want with the big story, rpg elements etc. At the end you are still playing a game off the Madden engine just with all the extra stuff.

I'm more than positive if they wanted to concentrate on SS mode they could get a fine one within the Madden package itself.

What you are asking for is like the current Guitar Hero games now? How many diff ones are there with different bands? But in the end they are all a specific version of guitar hero.

EDIT: And I want to make it clear Valdarez, I love your idea and would love to eventually see something like that. I just don't see why it has to be on a separate game disk.

They need to start working on SS mode though and getting it to a more fun and unique experience though.

Last edited by Jono078; 04-03-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:24 AM   #31
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
I'm sorry, but it's just stupid IMO.
Quote:
Don't ****ing belittle me. I've kept a close eye on your posts for a while now, and you seem to have a big reputation for what reason I'm not sure. You seem to know your football but when you combine it with Madden you come off trying to sounds like Einstein.
Just responded to the stupid comment, it was a good response otherwise, and I'm not different than any other poster on the board, except perhaps that I've been posting a lot lately.

Quote:
I know exactly what you are talking about and have a good idea of what you want. You want a GTA: Madden, or Final Fantasy Madden yeh?

I still think they can put it all on Madden NFL xx itself.

You missed my whole point. They can do everything else you want with the big story, rpg elements etc. At the end you are still playing a game off the Madden engine just with all the extra stuff.

I'm more than positive if they wanted to concentrate on SS mode they could get a fine one within the Madden package itself.

What you are asking for is like the current Guitar Hero games now? How many diff ones are there with different bands? But in the end they are all a specific version of guitar hero.

EDIT: And I want to make it clear Valdarez, I love your idea and would love to eventually see something like that. I just don't see why it has to be on a separate game disk.

They need to start working on SS mode though and getting it to a more fun and unique experience though.
I suggest completely new gameplay elements for each position, not the same Madden game. Probably need to better define the game.

Lets nix this poll for now, I think too many folks are thinking of SS mode of today, without thinking of the potential of what it could be. I'll work up a little game draft and then repost the poll with more information on what the game itself could potentially become. Plus it will be nice to get all of the splat's out of the poll from the April Foolz day splatathon.

Last edited by Valdarez; 04-03-2010 at 04:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #32
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

The mode has a lot of potential and I think it would be better reached if it was it's own game.

But personally, I'm hoping that they make improvements to it for Madden 11. I personally would rather have a game that has everything in one than separate games even if it means sacrificing some things that would be put into the feature if it was it's own game.

Saves me money

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »