Home

Do you believe catching really will be fixed?

This is a discussion on Do you believe catching really will be fixed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you believe the catching will be fixed this year?
Yes 13 9.63%
No 51 37.78%
Somewhat, but nowhere near 100% fixed 71 52.59%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 51
Re: Do you believe catching really will be fixed?

yah i dont think its completly fixed, but its a start.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
No.... those games did have problems. Really don't see why others don't think so on these forums...

Anyways... it'll more than likely be improved but will still need work and/or could be improved upon.
they had minor problems compared to the big and countless amount we hav 2day
Old 04-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Umm...what? All of the games you mentioned, including the much venerated 2k5, had their share of gameplay problems. To claim otherwise is nonsense.
Prove me wrong. I never cried about the over the shoulder catch animation triggering to much on last gen. I never cried about my sideline catches being called out of bounds when i obviously took 4 steps in bound on last gen. I never had to complain about the game taking over my player so i can miss a tackle so the A.I. could score a touchdown or 1st down. I can go all day man. U cant tell me last gen had just as many problems. I actually had to go back and play them when my old xbox died on me, and i was amazed how the ps2 version had no flaws and glitches that i could clearly find in xbox360/ps3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #36
Banned

Anyway i think they will somewhat fix thr problem, but it wont be a big change.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #37
Rookie

I'm sure there will be some improvements, but completely fixed, I doubt it.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #38
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick32
they had minor problems compared to the big and countless amount we hav 2day
Last Gen Maddens: Major suction issues, overpowering offense (2004), no gang tackling, hit stick= automatic fumble (2005), crazy QB scrambling

NFL 2k5: Trapped in animations, receivers being able to catch the ball in triple coverage, hard for CPU to tackle you if you ran along the sideline, franchise mode with bad logic
Old 04-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Last Gen Maddens: Major suction issues, overpowering offense (2004), no gang tackling, hit stick= automatic fumble (2005), crazy QB scrambling

NFL 2k5: Trapped in animations, receivers being able to catch the ball in triple coverage, hard for CPU to tackle you if you ran along the sideline, franchise mode with bad logic
Over powering offense id definitely in Madden 10 since the A.I. doesnt know how to run man coverage at all. Theres gang tackling in Madden 10, but its done wrong. Theres no dbl collision. You cant even hit stick some1 while another teammate is already holding runner. Hit sticks still mean automatic fumble. What u named were minor problems and it was 1 issue. Check out versuz2, apexisfree and ryanmoody21 vids on youtube to see the vast amount of problems Madden 08-10 nxt gen have. Also we could take this to the gripe thread cuz this 1 is about catching being fixed.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #40
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick32
Over powering offense id definitely in Madden 10 since the A.I. doesnt know how to run man coverage at all.
Is there still arena football score like games like there was in Madden 2004?

Quote:
Theres gang tackling in Madden 10, but its done wrong. Theres no dbl collision. You cant even hit stick some1 while another teammate is already holding runner. Hit sticks still mean automatic fumble.
To be honest I never got a fumble with a hit stick tackle in Madden 10... in Madden 05 though it was about 85% of the time.

Quote:

What u named were minor problems
Suction is a minor problem?

Quote:
Check out versuz2, apexisfree and ryanmoody21 vids on youtube to see the vast amount of problems Madden 08-10 nxt gen have.
If you slow down any sports game frame by frame like those guys, you'll find MANY issues which is what I find funny. Madden 10 has issues no doubt but I find it amazing that people who practically slow down the game frame by frame to find things say they are hard pressed to find issues with 2k5 and last gen maddens. It really boggles my mind.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 04-03-2010 at 09:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »