Home

Madden NFL 11 Blog Coming Wednesday *UPDATE: Ian Responds

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Blog Coming Wednesday *UPDATE: Ian Responds within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #41
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 11 Blog Coming Wednesday *UPDATE: Ian Responds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Bezo, as a true advocate for locomotion I will say the video looks very promising. I am sure Ian's blog will be more in depth then this NCAA blog but it looks like they have done a very good job with this new locomotion system FINALLY. It only shows small clips of gameplay from a zoomed in camera but it looks great from that angle. They also showed a lot of footage from their Mo-Cap and it showed people dropping back like LB's and changing directions and what not so I would assume all that will be in.

The blog did not touch on "foot pinning" (which I am really hopiing Ian touches on) but from the videos it looks like the players are planting to cut and change direction.
Sweet!

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I saw nothing in that vid but guys running around in suits. The side by side of NCAA 10 and NCAA 11 running had very little difference to me. Hard to tell by those 1 sec shots if momentum really came in to play at all either. Call me still very unimpressed.
I saw a huge difference between NCAA 10 and 11, and I still have 10.

I think it's a matter of "you see what you want to see."
Old 04-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #43
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i think looking at the side by side . you have to know what your looking for. those who are really into the idea of locomotion will see it and after you replay a couple of time you realize.

but to help you out kj its the roll of the shoulders and how the stride corresponds . the knees aren't high to the chest they are lateral to the ground it doesn't look like he isn't touching the ground . replay it a couple times you'll see.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 11 Blog Coming Wednesday

Ok, this would make me pre order Madden, and I haven't thought of doing that for 4 yrs.
But MLB the show has diissapointed me this year, this might bring my love back for Football games.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #45
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
While I'm not as impressed as some, I did notice the change in animation in that side by side vid. If you look at it again, the NCAA 10 vid showed the player never changing animation, but the NCAA 11 vid showed the animation change after the player ran a few steps. I'm assuming that is what will happen when you hit turbo. Maybe, I'm imagining things, but it sure looked like there was a difference to me. Still, none of it matters really until I see it in game. Hopefully Ian will have it on the practice field or in game instead of a highlight reel, so we can really see it in action. That's when I'll give them Kudos for it, when I see it in a game or practice mode.
It's different I guess, I just didn't feel like I saw a drastic change that would really impact gameplay at all. Also, as people have shown in thread, this is a similar video to what they did for Madden 09.

Just like the sideline/catch fixes I'm getting rehashed promises and they are showing these fixes with a heavily edited video just like the ones they used for Madden 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #46
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I saw a huge difference between NCAA 10 and 11, and I still have 10.

I think it's a matter of "you see what you want to see."
Or a matter of seeing what they want you to see.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 24

Still not getting hyped until I see the end product.

Seems like a step in the right direction, but sometimes things are promised but then are left out of the final game....

Wake me up in August....
Old 04-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 14

I was dead set on not buying Madden, but between the possible locomotion improvements and McNabb going to the skins, my hand is being forced, again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »