Home

New Madden QB vision

This is a discussion on New Madden QB vision within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #9
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: New Madden QB vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
That actually got a real laugh out of me. Kudos.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #10
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

By the way, I had a whole thread about this before Madden 10 came out. There was the typical "omgz the cone was soooooooo fake" response, but there were also a lot of good points and suggestions made too. Browse through it and check it out.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-cone-bad.html

I remember one guy susggested a double tap system where for example: the QB snaps the ball and looks at his primary receiver (B) on the right side and to look and throw to his secondary receiver (X) on the left side... it would be one press of X too look left, you'd see the QB's head turn as he locates, and another tap of X to actually throw it.

I guess if the QB is accurate you can rapidly hit the button and the QB can turn and locate quickly and fire in an accurate thow, whereas a less accurate QB can mechanically do the same thing (turn and find his guy quickly) but the accuracy isn't there.

And the icon above the receiver's head can light up and pulsate when the QB is looking at him, and if there's another receiver in the vicinity then his icon can pulsate (signifying that he's in the QB's line of sight) but he's not being focused on (the icon doesn't light up.)

I forget the guy's screenname who came up with the idea, but it's burried somewhere in that thread.

But I also like Raider's suggestion in this thread as well.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Ideas are not realism. A QB according to his ratings can only see so many WRS. LOL All QBs can see theirs WR down field. Why in the world are people trying to turn madden into a mini game. Madden is fine the way it is.

so you think its totally ok for vince young to be able to roll out to the right sideline, stop turn and fire an accurate ball 20 yards downfield to a receiver coming across from the left side of the field even though it would have been impossible to see that reciever without the camera angle we play the game at?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #12
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeacard
so you think its totally ok for vince young to be able to roll out to the right sideline, stop turn and fire an accurate ball 20 yards downfield to a receiver coming across from the left side of the field even though it would have been impossible to see that reciever without the camera angle we play the game at?
You mean like this?

Or this?

A lot of people preach "sim, sim, we want our game to be sim" but then they benefit from the camera in the game, something that no one on the field benefits from. I'm dying to see them implement a system in the game where the QB on the field (not the one holding the controller) has to locate his target before he lets the ball go.

People say "you don't see a cone or flashlight coming out of the QBs helmet in real life" but I can also say that you don't see icons over receivers heads when the ball is snapped either.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #13
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I just don't see how QB awareness comes into play when 'you' are the quarterback. At best, it could impact the amount of rumble you feel when pressured (if this is ever added). Other than that, your awareness while playing the QB = the QB's awareness.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I just don't see how QB awareness comes into play when 'you' are the quarterback. At best, it could impact the amount of rumble you feel when pressured (if this is ever added). Other than that, your awareness while playing the QB = the QB's awareness.

little things like not allowing a qb to throw the ball to a player they cannot see would be good. even something like making the pass ridiculosly off target when someone makes a throw that would be impossible to make in a real game situation would be good. something needs to be done to finally put and end to dropping back 15 yards running around for 5 seconds and then hitting a wr 40 yards downfield like it is a routine play.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
You mean like this?

Or this?

A lot of people preach "sim, sim, we want our game to be sim" but then they benefit from the camera in the game, something that no one on the field benefits from. I'm dying to see them implement a system in the game where the QB on the field (not the one holding the controller) has to locate his target before he lets the ball go.

People say "you don't see a cone or flashlight coming out of the QBs helmet in real life" but I can also say that you don't see icons over receivers heads when the ball is snapped either.
the first one i don't see much of a problem with but that second one is the type of **** im talking about. he turns and puts a throw right on the money when he should have no idea where the wr is at that point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeacard
little things like not allowing a qb to throw the ball to a player they cannot see would be good. even something like making the pass ridiculosly off target when someone makes a throw that would be impossible to make in a real game situation would be good. something needs to be done to finally put and end to dropping back 15 yards running around for 5 seconds and then hitting a wr 40 yards downfield like it is a routine play.
I thought Madden 09 ended the 40 yrd drop back heave ho's. I was sure the WR symbols came off the screen after going back so far.

I didn't notice in 10 because I go back the standard drop back because most plays are automated with the drop backs.

Didn't even notice it was still an issue.

All I know is I can't make the same throws from Matt Flynn as Aaron Rodgers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »