Home

New Madden QB vision

This is a discussion on New Madden QB vision within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
Pro

lbartlett_32's Arena

OVR: 7
New Madden QB vision

For the past few years I have badly been wanting EA to use a system that makes a QB's awareness effect the user QB. I think that if they would implement a slow motion drop back for QB's with higher awareness it would add alot to the game. For instance when you drop back with Peyton the game actually slows down more than it would for a rookie QB like Sanchez. The same could be used for the new RB rating. When you hand the ball off to a back that reads the field as well as a Stephen Jackson compared to a RB with a low ball carrier vision. I would love to see this brought into the game. You could feasibly do it for certain LB's or defensive players that you are controlling at the snap... It would def make you make the tough decision to go with a veteran LB who's a lil slower, but you have a better opportunity to read and react than just to go for that speedy LB that you just react with. This would add so much more depth to the game and I think its a fairly minor adjustment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: New Madden QB vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbartlett_32
For the past few years I have badly been wanting EA to use a system that makes a QB's awareness effect the user QB. I think that if they would implement a slow motion drop back for QB's with higher awareness it would add alot to the game. For instance when you drop back with Peyton the game actually slows down more than it would for a rookie QB like Sanchez. The same could be used for the new RB rating. When you hand the ball off to a back that reads the field as well as a Stephen Jackson compared to a RB with a low ball carrier vision. I would love to see this brought into the game. You could feasibly do it for certain LB's or defensive players that you are controlling at the snap... It would def make you make the tough decision to go with a veteran LB who's a lil slower, but you have a better opportunity to read and react than just to go for that speedy LB that you just react with. This would add so much more depth to the game and I think its a fairly minor adjustment.
That wouldn't work for multiplayer. Plus it's already fairly easy to read the field as a QB simply because of the view we play the game in, no real need to make it even easier. The original vision cone was really a great way to do it, but people didn't want to change, and whined about the flashlight effect.

A better option might be to limit the number of visible receiver icons for lesser skilled QBs. Manning would see all 5, JaWalrus Russell would only get one, maybe. The other receiver buttons would still work, but you'd only see them in the pre-play coach view.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Ideas are not realism. A QB according to his ratings can only see so many WRS. LOL All QBs can see theirs WR down field. Why in the world are people trying to turn madden into a mini game. Madden is fine the way it is.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 04-06-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Ideas are not realism. A QB according to his ratings can only see so many WRS. LOL All QBs can see theirs WR down field. Why in the world are people trying to turn madden into a mini game. Madden is fine the way it is.
Wrong! Madden needs a LOT of changes. Just to list SOME

OL/DL interaction
Blocking
DB/WR interaction
Players making plays when not looking at the ball - YES it DOES still happen
Warp catches
The overuse of the 6 man break out tackles
3-4 Defense
No timing routes
Presentation (see ESPN 2K5)
Online Chise should mimic OFFLINE
CPU should OFFER TRADES
Superstar Mode should be redone from the ground up
Penalties are lacking and do not work properly with those that are in
Challenge System

Should I continue?
Old 04-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

To the OP, not a bad idea, but I like Raiders idea better.

Since when does this turn into a bash thread within the first 5 posts? It started off as a minor suggestion, didn't it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

The vision cone was bad because it dealt with vision instead of reading coverage. I would move to a double tap system which would only allow a QB to target one WR at a time(like IRL). And use awareness to determine how quickly a QB changes between target WR's. This would force the QB to tip his hand ,but also give them the ability to look defenses off as well. So even in HUMAN vs. CPU games more aware CPU QB's would look you off. While less aware CPU QB's will stare down their intended targets.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

You need to bring back the cone. NEEEDDDD Toooo.
It makes a big difference on offense and defense.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »