Home

Making playing against the computer fun again should be a priority

This is a discussion on Making playing against the computer fun again should be a priority within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Making playing against the computer fun again

Back in the days of Madden 05 playing against the CPU, and playing multiple seasons was a blast. Sure you could build a heck of a franchise, and win superbowls even on all madden.......but it was just more fun to do.

I dont really know why.....but I have a suspicion it has to do with how the computer plays overall. In Madden 10, the computer cant run the ball and wont throw deep but maybe once every 4 games. Obviously you can jack up the sliders for the CPU for the running game but you shouldnt have to do that. They also need to find a way to make the CPU not just throw over the middle short on every play......it really makes the game hard to play.

It would help the franchise mode greatly if the CPU would just attack you more......and I think it should be a priority for Madden 11.

I think they did a good job making the Giants play different than the Colts for example, but when I play as the safety I want to be worried about playing close to the LOS........as of right now I can play basically as another linebacker out there.....because I know the computer isnt going deep.

What other tips can we give them to help the computers tactics?

Last edited by Dimplenuts; 04-07-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
Rookie

mustardnmayo's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Making playing against the computer fun again should be a priority

Fix CPU constantly over blitzing rushing 7 or 8 men when i have 3,4 or 5 wr sets making it easy to complete passes over the middle and take it to the house.

CPU defense in general. After playing for a little bit it becomes to easy to score alot on them.So much for the adaptive AI stuff. Its like that in every Madden

Thats the main thing that ruined my offline franchise, just got to easy.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

This is part of the reason why I only play CPU vs CPU games now. I don't even play the games, I just watch them and I handle ALL the other stuff. Reason being is why does it matter when you scout and draft a player when you actually manipulate him getting yards or getting TD's, getting sacks, etc.

I would rather let the AI control the player and let the player ratings come into play.

Madden 10 was pretty bad at this honestly. In fact I can't remember a Madden release that did put ratings into a huge effect. Hopefully Madden 11 will change this.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

madden on LAST gen vs Current Gen......Last gen there was actually a focus on Human vs CPU games.....Now.....Online gets about 75% or more of the attention.

Thats why solo play and overall CPU AI has declined SO much...There is just not nearly the amount of focus as there used to be.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just wish they could find a way to make the computer as unpredictable and as fun to play as a human. Especially on the harder levels......instead of making my players worse.

I know its probably difficult to do, but I think they did a hell of alot better job on the old gen versions.

I think this is one of the only things missing from this game, outside of the Oline play, and the 3-4 effectiveness.

I think it would go a long way into making the game more fun to play overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
madden on LAST gen vs Current Gen......Last gen there was actually a focus on Human vs CPU games.....Now.....Online gets about 75% or more of the attention.

Thats why solo play and overall CPU AI has declined SO much...There is just not nearly the amount of focus as there used to be.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I agree. The playing the cpu gets old fast.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #8
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

the risk was taken out of the cpu logic. there ability to exploit your weakness so if your blitzing alot then you should have open recievers or continue to run to weak side. or go after a sub player who is weaker than the starter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »